• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Time to Send CF Fast Air to AFG?

coachron said:
[US air power saves lives it's that simple]

And cigarettes cure lung cancer.
you are very close to being punted. Show some respect for those who die to give you the right to be a dumbass.

Everyone else, knock off the crap, or I'm locking it down and handing out spankings. I was learnin' shit here, till you clowns started havin' a hissyfit.

-para-mod-boy who is havin' a crappy day and is out of Skoal.

Teddy Ruxpin said:
1.  We ARE operating under our own ROE in Afghanistan - issued and approved by the Government of Canada, so any thoughts of us following US direction in that regard are completely erroneous.  The US does not have operational command of Canadian forces and major Canadian operations are undoubtedly approved in Ottawa (by a process that I will not discuss here).

I think what warpig was getting at, and what I was responding to, was kicking everyone else out of an AOR and having us be in sole control to run the counter insurgency as we see fit, without other forces there, period.

I'm not sure if this was in response to my post or his(page 2), but the intent of what I posted was to show that trying to take over an entire AOR and kick everyone else out is not feasible right now.

Gents, RC(S) currently Commanded by BGen Fraser is, in the big picture, REALLY, REALLY SMALL compared to the cone above and around AFG where air assets are marshalled and employed.  There is NO way that we (CDA) would be able to run our own show in our little southern sector by ourselves.  Running out of gas and not having our own KC-135's orbiting seemingly endlessly to tank off, not having EW support from assets that most folks haven't ever heard of, not having surveillance from systems that make TUAV look like George Eastman's first pinhole camera...there should be no question that our Hornets would be anything other than contributing to the coalition capability.  Aviation is about the only air asset that has a chance of lower-level dedication to a nation's own elements, but even aviation would respond to other nations' TIC -- I know I would if I heard other guys on the TIC-Net.

Cheers,
Duey

coachron said:
[US air power saves lives it's that simple]

And cigarettes cure lung cancer.

What are you saying and what are you trying to prove with such verbal shyte spewing from your keyboard? I have read all of your posts.

Air strikes are a necessity, and have saved the lives of countless soldiers caught in a hard spot, and if you fail to realise that, your are lying to yourself, and talking out your arse at the same time.

Collateral damage and civvy casualties? Sometimes that happens, but thats the reality of war, people die, soldiers and non-combatants alike.

Comparing air strikes that to that lung cancer line is nothing but a big pile of BS, and I find this comment rather disgusting.

Do you have a hidden agenda here Mate? Judging by the the 'meat' in your posts, I think so.

We are not war mongers on this site mate, professional soldiers do not wish for and want to go to war.

Wes

Back