• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

To apply or to wait?

CF-Hopeful13

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
I am set on enlisting as a medical officer, but I am unsure of the best way to go about this. In your guys' opinions, would I be better off getting my B.Sc. and then applying for the MOTP at the same time as med school, or should I complete my MD and go for a direct entry into BMQ and leadership training? Does the CF prefer one to the other?
EDIT: Sorry, didn't realize I wasn't in the ROTP section, will repost there.

Personally, I would try for the CF funded option first. That's just me though. For the answer to your questions concerning which entry plan the CF would prefer or which you should do, you need to speak with a recruiter.

Keep in mind that your contract requirements might very well be different for each entry plan as well. If the CF pays for your MD, they will expect a certain amount of time for your contract. The specifics of those terms and the differences of terms between the two entry plans I am not privy too. So, like I said, go talk to a recruiter about it.

Good Luck with whatever route you choose!  :)

Back