• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

To be Applicant! Also, New To the Forum

tmang

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, I am Taylor. I figured this part of the forum is a area for the newly joined forum members so I thought I might as well introduce myself briefly and so on  :D

I am a 20 y.o. girl who goes to McGill and majoring in Chemistry. Influenced by my employer who is in Force at the same time, I dreamed myself in army since two years ago. To be really honest, I thought the army would be a good future for me partly (or maybe 2/3 ) because it seems to be a very stable job if you don't cause any trouble and do good job there. I do know that it is very demanding and could be very tough by what I heard and seen on the forum, but that really would not stop me from applying for it.

Once again, to be honest with you, I got scared by all the waiting times people sometimes need to go through and a lot of phone calls/emails one need to make before getting offers.. but if I had to do them to get into the army, I don't mind. I would be living in Canada for 9 years almost by the time I would be eligible to actually apply for the force (I am working on my Citizenship application).

Well, I am looking forward to lots of connections and possibly some friendly talks and advices.
Thank you for reading and hope I get some responses or welcomes.

P.S.
I apologize for any grammar mistakes, I will correct them if you care to pick any mistakes in my post.

Welcome to the forums Taylor!

Don't let the wait times discourage you and apply anyway when you're eligible. Just keep working hard both at school and in the gym so when the time comes for you to apply (and while you go through the recruiting process), you won't need to stress out about your grades or your physical fitness.

Where are you originally from if you don't mind sharing with us?

Leeema said:
Welcome to the forums Taylor!

Don't let the wait times discourage you and apply anyway when you're eligible. Just keep working hard both at school and in the gym so when the time comes for you to apply (and while you go through the recruiting process), you won't need to stress out about your grades or your physical fitness.

Where are you originally from if you don't mind sharing with us?

thank you for the kind encouragement Leeema! really appreciate it :) yes, for now I am planning on working on my physical strength, I mean it's always good to stay fit and healthy physically anyways. I try to work hard at school but my grades aren't that great sadly.. I find my classes so challenging but fun haha!  do you think it will matter a lot?

Yes of course! I am originally from South Korea :D

If you are interested in the Reserves be prepared to wait at least (if you're lucky) a year to start testing and get in. Each application process in terms of time is different, it can range from 4 months to 2 years almost. It all depends of availability of regiment spots. However seeing that you are in the Montreal area as of now it seems almost every Reserve unit is recruiting at the moment so that is a benefit to you.

The Reserve Force is a great opportunity for individual's who want to experience what military life is like without signing a three year contact like the Regular Force does. You can leave the Reserves at any time if you wish. It is also great for students such as yourself who are continuing their education.

It's just an idea if the Reserves is what you wish to pursue. The are many fine regiments in the Montreal area. Especially the Black Watch Highland Regiment (If you like the kilts that is :) and the combat arms)

Good Luck in your future studies and application process.

Vanguard said:
If you are interested in the Reserves be prepared to wait at least (if you're lucky) a year to start testing and get in. Each application process in terms of time is different, it can range from 4 months to 2 years almost. It all depends of availability of regiment spots. However seeing that you are in the Montreal area as of now it seems almost every Reserve unit is recruiting at the moment so that is a benefit to you.

The Reserve Force is a great opportunity for individual's who want to experience what military life is like without signing a three year contact like the Regular Force does. You can leave the Reserves at any time if you wish. It is also great for students such as yourself who are continuing their education.

It's just an idea if the Reserves is what you wish to pursue. The are many fine regiments in the Montreal area. Especially the Black Watch Highland Regiment (If you like the kilts that is :) and the combat arms)

Good Luck in your future studies and application process.
Thank your for the advice Vanguard!
I surely thought about joining Reserves but since I have a citizenship process ahead of me right now, I am leaning towards joining the regular force. If you don't mind answering my question, is there a difference between waiting times for Reserves and regular force?

Just a heads up, a lot of the members of this forum get pretty cheesed if you ask questions that have already been asked and answered. Read a lot and only post a new topic if you really need to. Search for what you are looking for and read the FAQ and stickied topics in the recruiting forum, they can be a big help in not getting chewed out on here.

tmang said:
Thank your for the advice Vanguard!
I surely thought about joining Reserves but since I have a citizenship process ahead of me right now, I am leaning towards joining the regular force. If you don't mind answering my question, is there a difference between waiting times for Reserves and regular force?

The waiting time depends on your application, and if the trade is in demand or not. I believe the Reserves are quicker, but then again, it depends on your application. There are some who waited over a year, and some as little as few months.

The bottom line is, it varies from person to person.

Thank you for the replies :)
The forum indeed is a great help and place of awesome tips and resources. I also realized that I would not get any attention for posting repetitive questions :p

Back