• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Too late to change my options?

smash2861

Inactive
Reaction score
I applied earlier this year and originally applied for RMS but was told that I didn't have the education level for it. The recruiter I spoke to then convinced me I should apply for AVS tech. Not at all on my option list but I put it as my third choice because I felt like there was no other options for me personally. I decided to look into RMS again and it says I only need grade 10, which I have, as well as a college diploma. Maybe he and I misunderstood each other and maybe I should have looked into it some more earlier in the process but I just figured that I had two great choices and it was okay if my third wasn't really something I wanted. (Big mistake I know!) I'm now learning that my first option is no longer open and limited spots are available for my 2nd but that AVS is still hiring a lot more people. I don't want to turn down an offer but I also don't want to be in a position that I have no interest in. Is it too late to change my 3rd option? I'm pretty sure I will be merit listed shortly as its been almost a year and everything is all handed in (cfat,  ref., medical, interview, etc.)

Also can anyone clear up the RMS situation? Thank you!

You can change it at any time. It is recommended you only select careers that you can see yourself doing for 5, 10, 15 years

smash2861 said:
Also can anyone clear up the RMS situation? Thank you!

The "bare minimum" entry standards for RMS Clk are......

"Gr 10 highschool, Sec IV in Quebec or equiv secondary school education including:  Gr 10 applied math or math 426 in Quebec and English or French course at the Gr 10 or Sec IV level in Quebec"  (Ideal requirements are Gr 12/Sec V applied math/math 526 in Quebec and Gr 12/Sec V English or French)

If you meet the requirements above, then it's only a matter of meeting the requirements on the CFAT.

You can change your occupation choices and or their order of precendence at anytime, however, adding occupations may require you to be reinterviewed.

DAA said:
You can change your occupation choices and or their order of precendence at anytime, however, adding occupations may require you to be reinterviewed.

That was my next question. Thanks!

Back