• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Toronto Garrison Ball

Ooooooh.... pricey!
The montreal Garrison ball (for NCOs) is going for half that amount.
Think I'll stay this end of the ole 401

Have a nice ball though

Mmmmm, tea and scrumpets with the better men of the army!

geo said:
Ooooooh.... pricey!
The montreal Garrison ball (for NCOs) is going for half that amount.
Think I'll stay this end of the ole 401

Have a nice ball though

Pricey?

It was MORE expensive LAST YEAR.....    ;)

Though I haven't made it down myself, I know many who have and it's quite the shin-dig. If you're going to shell out all that money on mess kit you might as well use it!

I'll be the good looking meathead hanging out by the bar ;D

I didn't know there were good lookin Meatheads ;)

I'll be there - I haven't been to the last couple for a variety of reasons.  It's always a good go, as long as bad luck doesn't strike me (last time I went my suit bag containing the mess kit I had signed out from the Regimental Museum was stolen at the bus station!)  This year's should be a good go.  Thankfully our HCol treats us to the tickets.

Traveling and loosing a museum piece.... Yetch

geo said:
Traveling and loosing a museum piece.... Yetch

It wasn't a piece of any significant value, just a mess dress uniform of some intra-war period subaltern of the Regiment.  It was pretty embarrassing trying to explain it to my colleagues, then to run out to rent a tux last minute... I'll probably never actually manage to live it down.  It could be a lot worse than getting the piss taken out of me every once in while.  It taught me to keep a better grip on my kit, that's for sure.

lessons learned
they're all valuable & you go to bed at night being a little bit wiser than you were when you got up.

Precisely.  Sometimes the harder knocks make the better lessons!

woulda come but im posted in pet... not to return to toronto till after its over.

Back