• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Toronto Imam's Ideas for Preventing Rape.

MAJONES

Staff member
Directing Staff
Inactive
Reaction score
Reproduced under the fair dealings provisions of the Copyright Act.  From the Sun's website.

My only comment is  :facepalm:.

Muslim cleric's letter to the Sun about preventing sex assault

.....The reason why a woman gets raped is because of the way she dress. Women dress so provocatively so much that they receive too much attention for themselves and that attention at times leads to death......

More at link.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/07/16/muslim-clerics-letter-to-the-sun-about-preventing-sex-assault

:facepalm:  No kidding.  This is a hot topic on the Talk Shows for the last two days.  I am curious as to his statistics of there being no Muslim women raped due to their dress. 

These Talk Shows are bringing out a lot of fanatical/radical Muslims, and it is interesting to listen to their views.  Sadly, it is upsetting that they trying to force us, the majority, to conform to their beliefs.

I think it has something to do with some established religious authorities that are so out of touch with the world.  I remember the Catholic Church, not too long ago, saying that by providing condoms to third world countries would actually increase the spread of AIDS.  :facepalm:n indeed.

Good grief. Yes, let us all take one giant leap backwards and blame the woman. Rape is wrong. Blaming the victim is wrong. That is the only rebuttal required. Ultra-conservative wing nuts can go pound salt.

Because there's no violence perpetrated against Muslim women.  ::)

Hopefully the Muslim moderates are speaking out on this issue as well. 

....and if one DOES make the mistake of letting herself get raped, stone her to death. Yeah!

bridges said:
Because there's no violence perpetrated against Muslim women.  ::)

Hopefully the Muslim moderates are speaking out on this issue as well.

I will not hold my breath waiting for that to happen. Their silence on other contentious subjects has been deafening.

so...

If it is due to women dressing like the Whore of Babylon that drives a man to commit rape...

How do you explain the need to commit sodomy on potential suicide bombers?

"Well his shalwar just accented his butt so well, it called to me. He shouldn't have worn it so provocatively!"

:facepalm:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddisalvo/2012/06/14/testimonies-of-sexual-assaults-in-egypt-reveal-the-predatory-nature-of-crowds/

A coalition called Nazra for Feminist Studies, which aims to forge a feminist movement in Egypt, has posted testimonies of three women who were sexually assaulted by crowds of Egyptian men as recently as June 8th.

Nazra reports that the first round of attacks occurred during protests near Tahrir Square on June 2, and  were part of an organized campaign of terror to “scare women away from the public sphere, to punish women for their participation, and to keep them at home to avoid the premeditated attacks against them.”

The attacks were repeated on Friday, June 8,  during a protest that sought to protest the sexual harassment and assault that took place on June 2.

If these women just didn't crave small freedoms, then they wouldn't have been attacked! I read this guy in Toronto isn't just a lone nut job, but part of a group of street imams or whatever..

Sythen said:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddisalvo/2012/06/14/testimonies-of-sexual-assaults-in-egypt-reveal-the-predatory-nature-of-crowds/

If these women just didn't crave small freedoms, then they wouldn't have been attacked! I read this guy in Toronto isn't just a lone nut job, but part of a group of street imams or whatever..

No this guy is not alone.  Many Muslim men, here in Canada, believe exactly the same as he does. 

Don't be too quick to blame just Muslims. Here in Winnipeg when a judge made some very out of touch comments about a rape victim, the calls to the local stations were " if you dess like a slut, you deserve it".  :facepalm:

And you know Winnipeg is a hot bed of Islam...right?

This guy even identifies himself as:

Just to introduce myself I am a Muslim born in Montréal, Quebec 33 years ago. I was born in a Christian Family and I have decided to embrace Islam in 1998. I do allot of Islamic Outreach Programs downtown (yonge and Dundas).I am from African Carribean Ethnicity.

and ends his spiel with:

I would to end this letter by invite you to embrace Islam so that you may live in security. If you come within the fold of Islam, Allâh will give you double reward.

{Author puts this in BOLD} Say (O Muhammad [pbuh]): ‘O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), come to a word that is just between us and you, that we worship none but Allâh, and that we associate no partners with Him, and that none of us shall take others as lords besides Allâh.’ Then, if they turn away, say: ‘Bear witness that we are Muslims.’ “ [Al-Qur’an 3:64][Sahih Al-Bukhari 1/4,5]

Jim Seggie said:
Don't be too quick to blame just Muslims. Here in Winnipeg when a judge made some very out of touch comments about a rape victim, the calls to the local stations were " if you dess like a slut, you deserve it".  :facepalm:

And you know Winnipeg is a hot bed of Islam...right?

To be fair, he was also mercilessly excoriated for it too.

ModlrMike said:
To be fair, he was also mercilessly excoriated for it too.

Oh the judge was, and so was the public. I wrote to our two papers and chastised they'd judge and those who blamed the victim.

I compared them to the Taliban.

Jim Seggie said:
Oh the judge was, and so was the public. I wrote to our two papers and chastised they'd judge and those who blamed the victim.

I compared them to the Taliban.

That would be an appropriate comparison. You are right, it is not just *ultra-conservative right wing* Muslims uttering this vile crap. Basically it is all morons, idiots and malcontents who play the "blame the victim" game.

[*Edited to clarify. I have far too many friends of all persuassions to allow myself to give the impression that I beleive all of any group are ultra-anything...]

Teeps74 said:
[*Edited to clarify. I have far too many friends of all persuassions to allow myself to give the impression that I beleive all of any group are ultra-anything...]

Good.  It seems to me like the extremists are the minority in most groups - and often the most vocal, by their very nature.  Hopefully the moderates will speak up on things like this, before it's too late. 

Back