• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tpr. Mark Andrew Wilson - RCD - 07 Oct 06

Rest in Peace.

My condolences to the family and friends

:salute: :cdn:

Mark it was a honor to know you share many laughs with you. RIP my friend.

To one of the nicest men i've ever met, to have you leave so soon after Mitch is just unfair. It was a pleasure to have known you and spent time with you.
Dragoons always,
Hales

:salute:  I was shocked when I heard the news.  Mark and I did basic training together.  He was a great guy.  I still remember the last time I talked to him when we ran into each other at the Coriano back in May.  He was excited about going on his first tour.  I've been hearing about the deaths in the past month, but when it comes to someone I personally know, it really hits close to home.  A lump just forms in my throat... :-[

We should never forget Mark and his sacrifice.  I am honoured to have known him and may he rest in peace. 

It took me a while, but I finally found the passage I was looking for.  This is from the funeral oration of Pericles, over Athenian soldiers who had died in one of the opening battles of the Peloponnesian War.  I'd run across it some years go, in a very different context.  It's 2500 years old, but somehow seems fitting words for our most recent fallen soldier, as well as those who have fallen before him, trying to bring good to a far-off place.

For the whole earth is the tomb of famous men; not only are they commemorated by columns and inscriptions in their own country, but in foreign lands there dwells also an unwritten memorial of them, graven not on stone but in the hearts of men.

My condolences, and those of my family. Farewell, brother in arms.

Mark and I went through DP1 together. He was a great guy who always saw everything in a positive way. From myself and the rest of the boys who went to the Strats we will miss you friend. 

RIP, soldier.  Condolences to your family and friends.  I am thankful for your service and for all those who serve our country.    :salute: :cdn:    Ubique

Mark,

I came to know you when I went to A Squadron last fall.  We became friends quickly, your easy going ways, and unique sense of humour made everyone around you at ease.  I know you'll keep our fallen soldiers in stitches the same as you did here...........  Goodbye friend.

Another sad day for the Royal Canadian Dragoons.

Regards

Crap!! That's what I exclaimed as I opened my Internet Explorer this morning to see the face of one of my former DP1 students...  Trooper Wilson, my thoughts are with your family and friends and I will reiterate to them that the Armour Corps is here for them should they need anything. On behalf of myself and the other members of the 12e Régiment Blindé du Canada, my condolences...

Adsum

:cdn: :salute:

RIP Trooper Wilson.  Stand easy.

G2G

:salute: :cdn: :cdn:RIP Mark it was a pleasure to have worked with you.  Heading back over on Wednesday and will see the boys.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/newsroom/view_news_e.asp?id=2113

Statement from the family of Trooper Mark Andrew Wilson

- October 10, 2006

Josh, Ben and I are still reeling from the news we received regarding Mark’s death. Mark very proudly served his country and died for a cause he believed in. He will be sadly and forever missed by his wife and sons, as well as by his parents, siblings, and extended family. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the troops of his regiment, those deployed in Khandahar and at CFB Petawawa. We also send our deepest condolences to those who have lost their loved ones while serving in Afghanistan.

During this difficult time, as we grieve the loss of a loved one, we respectfully request privacy.

Loving Family and Friends

- 30 -
Note to the editors:

For more information please contact 2nd Lieut. Krzysztof Stachura, 2 Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group Public Affairs Officer, at (613) 687-5511 extension 6351, or (613) 639-0485 (cell).

Back