• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trades closed

Inuym

Inactive
Reaction score
I called in today to book the cfat after receiving the email to do so however the recruiter told me my trades were closed and wont open again until April so as far as I can tell combat engineer infantry and plumbing is closed and the forces.ca is wrong he said they have no way to filter it. Also guys the recruiter sounded Like he expected me to get mad at him obviously I didn't but it tells me people aren't giving these guys the respect they deserve so be nice and courteous

Inuym said:
I called in today to book the cfat after receiving the email to do so however the recruiter told me my trades were closed and wont open again until April so as far as I can tell combat engineer infantry and plumbing is closed and the forces.ca is wrong he said they have no way to filter it.

So in the end are you still continuing with your application?

Inuym said:
Also guys the recruiter sounded Like he expected me to get mad at him obviously I didn't but it tells me people aren't giving these guys the respect they deserve so be nice and courteous

That could quite possibly be the reason. Could also be that he understood you would be disappointed. Some recruiters really care a lot about their applicants (not to say some don't care at all) and are truly disappointed when they have to give bad news.

Goose15 said:
So in the end are you still.  continuing with your application?

That could quite possibly be the reason. Could also be that he understood you would be disappointed. Some recruiters really care a lot about their applicants (not to say some don't care at all) and are truly disappointed when they have to give bad news.

Yes goose I'm going to go through with it still ill be in school until April 27 ill call again April first get the ball rolling again I knew it was all to easy who actually books an appointment a week after applying ha ha

Inuym said:
Yes goose I'm going to go through with it still ill be in school until April 27 ill call again April first get the ball rolling again I knew it was all to easy who actually books an appointment a week after applying ha ha

Have you considere booking the CFAT and starting the process? It can take several months, so who knows it may be the 27th before you are merit listed then you are ahead of the game :) ...I booked my CFAT a week after applying... :p

I applied in december didy cfat in january and this tuesday os my medical , physical,  and interview,. With all these being in a short time of each other does this mean good news? Plz n thanx for your input

seguin said:
I applied in december didy cfat in january and this tuesday os my medical , physical,  and interview,. With all these being in a short time of each other does this mean good news? Please and thank you for your input

It means you are very lucky and had no bumps in the road. It does not necessarily mean good or bad for you as an applicant.

Good luck to you aswell, what province did u apply from, my recruiter told me infantry soldier, armoured soldier, and vehicle tech. Are hiring, I'm in ontario.

Thanks! I'm in Ontario like yourself. I'm in the process (waiting to do my medical/interview) for Comms Research, which is thankfully hiring as well.

Definitly! Since I was young I've wanted to tackle the obstacle course for fun

Goose15 said:
Have you considere booking the CFAT and starting the process? It can take several months, so who knows it may be the 27th before you are merit listed then you are ahead of the game :) ...I booked my CFAT a week after applying... :p
thats a good idea he made it sound like they wouldn't do it until April but no harm in asking I am in Edmonton

seguin said:
I applied in december didy cfat in january and this tuesday os my medical , physical,  and interview,. With all these being in a short time of each other does this mean good news? Plz n thanx for your input
are you being pushy or what lol

Lol I hope not, just curious I've read a lot of forums saying the wait time was a while just curious if anyone also had bookings this fast

Inuym said:
thats a good idea he made it sound like they wouldn't do it until April but no harm in asking I am in Edmonton

Never any harm in asking. It may be slower overall than others if the occupation is not hiring right now. Even if that is the case though you would still be ahead of the game if you started now.

seguin said:
Lol I hope not, just curious I've read a lot of forums saying the wait time was a while just curious if anyone also had bookings this fast

Nah, the application process is just quicker for some than others based on what your particular CFRC is doing at the time of your application.

Do u think age would  play a factor? Younger recruit given more time to think n really decide...?

seguin said:
Do u think age would  play a factor? Younger recruit given more time to think n really decide...?

No, your age would not be a factor in the speed of your application.

Back