• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Training after knee surgery (Meniscus tears)

Jarnhamar said:
First and foremost lose weight if you're at an unhealthy weight. There's some formula for the amount of pressure or whatever that is put on your knees for every pound of weight. Even losing a few pounds will take strain off your knees.

Losing weight is easy.  Cut out sugar, pasta, starches, and drastically lower your carbs. Run a calorie deficit.  You'll drop 20+ pounds in a month and begin dropping your body fat%

For exercises include leg press, leg extensions and laying leg curls . Those 3 are pretty solid for building muscles in your knees and quads.

:2c:

After my meniscus surgery I discovered rubber bands, swimming and cycling, all excellent lower leg training without the load bearing.

Jarnhamar said:
For exercises include leg press, leg extensions and laying leg curls . Those 3 are pretty solid for building muscles in your knees and quads.

:2c:

If you've got some issues with patellar drag, when you do the quad extensions, do a set after where you break from full extension down to about 30 degrees - it'll activate the muscle that's usually the culprit better.

MM

Thanks guys and yeah I kinda figured I was at 80% of functional lol guess I'll go more pessimistic and yes losing weight is a big priority. Just started calorie counting and it kind of surprised me how many calories are in some foods.

Rubber bands? Never thought about those I'll be looking that up.

Any rate thanks a lot guys :)

Back