• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Training at Fort York (meeting)

Tpr.orange

I‘m understanding how pissed you are, they give you all that and just take it away, thats terrible. I‘d be feelin the same way, well if I could at least get to the stage to be sworn in, **** paperwork. :p

Hope things work out for ya

:cdn:

yep me too
they are trying to squeeze me in somewhere for a random job so that i can make bmq tommorow and then switch trades after bmq

Hey guys i got the call today and i am getin sworm in at 6 tonite at fort york. I am geting my kit tomorow during the day sometime and start training tomorow. Has anyone else received a call today?
take care!
Heff

This is a very amusing chain of posts.

I remember when, not too long ago, I left for my BOTP in Gagetwon (same as BMQ but for Officers). We were all pretty nervous. Worried about the same things; kit, blood type, etc.

It will all get solved. Don‘t stress/ If you‘re meant to go, you‘ll go. My only humble advice is this....

Be the grey man. If you don‘t know what that is, ask.

More importantly - look out for the guy/girl standing next to you. Your section will be the most important thing. They will get you through the course and you will get them through.

It‘s cliche - but all you need is teamwork - don‘t sweat the small stuff.

If you have any questions don‘t hesitate to ask me or the multitudes more knowledgeable.

SERVITIUM NULLI SECONDUS

Aua shucks! This really is TOO bad! I am not going to Fort York for training. I‘m already in the Cadet Org. ;(

I sure would like to be with you guys. You all seem like quite a jolly bunch ;[

Maybe one day we shall cross paths in the Canadian Army, maybe even somewhere in Europe.

I don‘t really talk that much, I mean I am more of a quite individual. 20/20 vision for me since I last tested aroun 6 months ago.

My real name I will not yet reveal, but most likely I will change names to Walter Brunszwick upon joining the army. My name is a Ukrainian name, and it is rather hard to pronounce. Oh well, good luck to ya all, and God bless.

Oh hold on soldier, one thing I forgot to ask. If I‘ll be joining next year, where would I be able to find ALL the information that I would need to know?? Call the recruitment office or check a website...

WAltz, stop highjacking threads with uselless drivel please. You contributed nothing to this thread, besides saying that you are sad with not being able to join the lads for training. That‘s fine. You do not need to continue with that.

Oh hold on soldier, one thing I forgot to ask. If I‘ll be joining next year, where would I be able to find ALL the information that I would need to know?? Call the recruitment office or check a website...
As for that, it should be posted in the Recruiting Forum. Check the website yourself, if you can get here, you can get to the recruiting website. If it doesn‘t answer all of your questions, then phone the recruiting centre.
Cheers

Be the grey man. If you don‘t know what that is, ask.
I just want to add to this. If you‘re going Officer, such as myself Habitant did, then being the grey man may not be the best idea. Sure, it‘ll get you through the course, but as an officer you are expected to take initiative and lead.

On my phase 2 course the instructors said that they would rather have to reign us in for being for taking too much initiative rather than telling us what to do. I kinda learned this the hard way.

My 2 cents.

Alrite, just came back from Moss/Denison. I have to go into fort york with civies like most of the people. Met another one of our comrades for basic.

sorry about the armoured business Orange.

Tpr. Orange....i am in an armoured recce regiment and i have 120/60 vision. I am still a crewman...i know at least 10 other guys in our regiment who wear glasses as well and are still crewman. :soldier:

hmmm....
well then i seem to be getting the run around which is getting me pretty pissed

In reference to what Kurakoze said:

When I say "be the grey man," - I mean do the best that you can do, be amenable to other people. Be the leader when it is called for, but otherwise sit back and soak it all in.

Take it seriously - joining the Army (even the reserves) is not game!

Kurakoze: Where and when did you do your phase 2?

Well ladies and gents...

Ive been moved to the 25 service battalion

they moved me into weapons technician

Ill be on course starting next week

Example of WHEN to BE a grey man:

Scene: at the gas hut.
"So, who here has a driver‘s license?"

... do NOT raise your hand! :D

Habitant,

I guess you and I have different interpretations of "grey man" :)

Anyway, I did my phase 2 in Gagetown this past May. Yourself?

I guess we do!

I was in Gagetown for the July - Aug CAP.

2RCR - G + J companies trained us. Very good group.

You?

You know, for the life of me I can‘t remember where our instructors were from. All I remember was that our course warrant was from RCR and our course officer was in armoured. :D

We had a very good group also (with perhaps one or two exceptions). The CF maybe short on instructors, but the ones they have are quite on the ball.

Back