• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Transition to Municipal Police Force

Meanwhile, the list of members I know whose next career move has come up, they have won the position and then been refused release from Surrey grows by the month, creating a nice little bubble of members with low morale and growing anger toward our management that made a big stink about accepting the Province's decision and getting us out of there ASAP.

Things are fiiiiiiine. I bet the other Detachments constantly being told no you can't have that Surrey member are pretty pleased as well.

Meanwhile, the list of members I know whose next career move has come up, they have won the position and then been refused release from Surrey grows by the month, creating a nice little bubble of members with low morale and growing anger toward our management that made a big stink about accepting the Province's decision and getting us out of there ASAP.

Things are fiiiiiiine. I bet the other Detachments constantly being told no you can't have that Surrey member are pretty pleased as well.
Man we don’t care about our people

Man we don’t care about our people
If I ran the place, instead of considering overall service and time in Surrey for whom to release, I would look at how much time on GD they had, and if they were still on GD. You have your fancy section job? Back of the line, or back to the road. The members on GD have been there since the start, they're first in line. Plus SPS was sold as a "boots on the ground, community and patrol oriented force" so thats where the RCMP is forcing them to place their members (which pisses them off. A lot.)

The GD positions should be converting first- it’s the most difficult, most expensive, and highest consequence area. Once the meat and potatoes is closed they can move on to the easy stuff.

And I would also be releasing the burnt road warriors first as SPS fills their gaps. There is more to a members career than being hostage for a decade while Surrey plays “will they won’t they”

That career stagnation will affect folks for the rest of their careers.

Back