• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Traumatic Blast Injury(TBI) and Neuroendocrine Disorder(NED).

Found a good lab in the states that produces the thymosin beta 4 at about one third the Canadian price. Also looking at combining some FGL with the Tβ4 if I can get a deal somewhere. Short term memory problems are one of the last symptoms left.

http://www.alzforum.org/news/research-news/peptide-sparks-synaptic-plasticity-improves-memory-rodents
So far, FGL has been shown to enhance memory or protect neurons in animal models of chronic stress (see Borcel et al., 2008 and Bisaz et al., 2011), depression (see Aonurm-Helm et al., 2008), ischemia (see Skibo et al., 2005), and traumatic brain injury (see Pedersen et al., 2008). Other studies indicate that the peptide reduces neuroinflammation (see Downer et al., 2009 and Ojo et al., 2011). FGL has also been found to prevent age-related structural changes in synapses (see Ojo et al., 2011).

I've been unable to find a lab who makes FGL and ships to Canada. It's very easy to make compared to things like IGF1 lr3 so it shouldn't be too expensive.  250 mcg per day for thirty days would be ideal. Tβ4 is easy to source in North America.

Please PM me.

Interesting article on the hormone oxytocin.

http://www.cnsspectrums.com/aspx/articledetail.aspx?articleid=2786

• There is preclinical and clinical support for implication of oxytocin in the pathophysiology of psychiatric disorders involving disturbed stress regulation as well as disrupted attachment and/or social deficits.
• Oxytocin may exert an effect on posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) through a dual mechanism, including a reduction of fear response and increase of social functioning.
• Oxytocin has a combination of pharmacologic effects that result in a “sense of safety” for the patient, which is a prerequisite to successful treatment of PTSD.

The second is about oxytocin, PTSD and links tummy and bowel problems to the dysregulation. Not as good as the first but an interesting read. "A goal of this theorizing that posttraumatic oxytocin dysregulation (POD) is a mechanism of pelvic visceral dysregulation (PVD)" They are trying to find the mechanism by which PTSD moderates so many different physical morbidities.

I am tempted to get some oxytocin nasal spray and keep it in my pocket for things like going to the mall or a night out with the wife. Syntocinon would be the best choice.

I am back to normal as long as I stay on the cocktail I am on. First round of TB4 was insufficient dose. Slowly ramped it to get good results and 1mg per day for 30 days produced the results I wanted. Ideal dose in mice for stroke is 2.7 mg/Kg in a single injection immediately after injury IIRC.

Seeing the latest research relating to PTSD and depression being neuroinflamatory conditions makes this treatment make sense.  Neuronal inflammations leads to loss of hippocampal mass. TB4 reduces local cytokines and enhances the ability of T cells to remove destructive proteins. It also causes neuronal regeneration. 

Seems to work pretty well in my human clinical trial of just one. After the last cycle part of my endogenous hormone regulation came back which was both gratifying and annoying. Started aromatizing the testosterone to estrogen for the first time. Been tweaking that since. I think this may be a very rewarding line of research eventually. The serotongeric model is not accurate, cytokine based causes look much more promising.

Oh, and on day 23 of the last TB4 cycle I started having dreams again. That was completely unexpected. That has remained and seems like a very useful safety valve for destressing. I didn't think it helped with slight memory deficits at first. Around two months after it did seem to improve. Perhaps it took months  for the neurons to mature or maybe placebo.

Talking to a former contractor who makes peptides now and he said to also try 1 to 16 grams of inositol a day for a few months. Stuff is cheap, mostly harmless and only about 10$ a pound online. Worked wonders for a friend of mine so it may be worth trying. He also liked CoQ10 and phosphatidylserine before bed.

Hope this helps.

Back