• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Traumatic injury pay now covers genital trauma"

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Veterans whose genitals have been severely injured as a result of trauma are now eligible for a lump-sum payment under the Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance Traumatic Injury program, or TSGLI.

For males, the loss of one testicle would result in a $25,000 payment; of both, $50,000. The anatomical loss of a penis — or damage to the organ so severe it results in the complete loss of the ability to have sex — a $50,000 payment.

Women who lose external sexual organs, their uterus or vaginal canal would receive $50,000. Loss of one ovary would result in a $25,000 payment; of both, $50,000.

The VA announced the changes to the TSGLI schedule of losses Dec. 2. The change is due in part to the increase of these injuries among Afghanistan combat veterans, who conduct foot patrols and are vulnerable to attack from trailside improvised explosive devices.

Since 2009, the number of troops arriving at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center with major injuries to their reproductive organs nearly doubled from 4.8 percent to 9.1 percent. Since 2001, 570 service members have sustained these traumas, known as genitourinary injury, according to Defense Department statistics.

TSGLI is designed to provide a one-time payment to service members who have sustained severe traumatic injuries, in combat, during training or any time while they are on active duty. TSGLI covers injuries such as amputations, limb salvage, paralysis, burns, blindness and other loss.

The first payments for genitourinary trauma are available as of today, according to the Federal Register. Eligibility for the payments is retroactive to Oct. 7, 2001.

To apply, veterans can check out the following link, www.insurance.va.gov/sgliSite/TSGLI/TSGLI.htm, or contact their service branch’s TSGLI office ....
Army Times, 2 Dec 11

I'll think about this next time i catch myself saying "I would give my left nut for......."

CDN Aviator said:
I'll think about this next time i catch myself saying "I would give my left nut for......."

I thought something similar.

The family jewels are certainly worth a lot more than $100,000, but I hope for anybody who ends up receiving the money that it does something to help them and/or enriches their quality of life in some way.

ballz said:
The family jewels are certainly worth a lot more than $100,000,

$100k for no sex.......well.....it beats getting married i suppose.

I call bullshit.  If a female can have surgery which then defines her as male, then what's the difference? 

Give them the same surgery they gave Chastity Bono, and then call it a day.

My  :2c:

Edit to add:  WTF was I drinking last night?  This post makes no sense to me at all......and I wrote it, apparently.

(Yes, I was drinking last night...)  :-[

Edit to add again:  I'm not deleting this comment, in effect, re-writing history.  Instead, I'll leave this here to remind myself that sometimes, when I drink, I make no sense....

(I'm still trying to figure out what I was trying to say, or if I was being sarcastic, or just a really poor sense of humour, or possessed, or what...)

Technoviking said:
I call bullshit.  If a female can have surgery which then defines her as male, then what's the difference? 

:facepalm:  Big difference with chosen over not chosen.

Technoviking said:

WTF!!??

I'm sure I must be missing your sarcasm here ...  :-\

Back