• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not (various polling, etc.)

Wonder if this will lead to anything.
I suspect it lead directly to this...

Trudeau says he has list of Tories vulnerable to, or engaged in, foreign meddling

Wonder if this will lead to anything.

It's quite the narcissist who will hang with all this going on around them.

The honorable man would step down.

Like a stopped watch is right twice a day, Trudeau is right in this instance.

Why Poilievre won’t take the steps to arm himself with this information is beyond me. It’s like closing your eyes, plugging your ears, and singing “LALALALALALALAH!” at the top of your lungs when someone is trying to tell you something.

lalala GIF by Offspring on TEN

Like a stopped watch is right twice a day, Trudeau is right in this instance.

Why Poilievre won’t take the steps to arm himself with this information is beyond me. It’s like closing your eyes, plugging your ears, and singing “LALALALALALALAH!” at the top of your lungs when someone is trying to tell you something.

lalala GIF by Offspring on TEN
As I pointed out in another thread, I suspect it's because he's seen the old "This is classified so you can't talk about it publicly now." trick used before...

As I pointed out in another thread, I suspect it's because he's seen the old "This is classified so you can't talk about it publicly now." trick used before...
Maybe.

But he seems to be very incurious about who in his caucus is compromised. At the very least, he can use the information to remove people from sensitive committees, not sign their nomination papers, encourage to “spend more time with the family”, etc.

If I had a chance to read a secret report to find out who on my team are not real team players, I’d do it even if I couldn’t talk about the compromised members of the other team. At least I would know as leader who is and isn’t trustworthy.

I would love to see Canada solve its intelligence-> evidence problem so all of these people can be investigated by police and prosecuted. Otherwise someone from NSICOP will have to read out the names in Parliament under privilege, which isn’t going to happen.

Maybe.

But he seems to be very incurious about who in his caucus is compromised. At the very least, he can use the information to remove people from sensitive committees, not sign their nomination papers, encourage to “spend more time with the family”, etc.

If I had a chance to read a secret report to find out who on my team are not real team players, I’d do it even if I couldn’t talk about the compromised members of the other team. At least I would know as leader who is and isn’t trustworthy.

I would love to see Canada solve its intelligence-> evidence problem so all of these people can be investigated by police and prosecuted. Otherwise someone from NSICOP will have to read out the names in Parliament under privilege, which isn’t going to happen.
Except he has people in the party who have that information, and who can advise him that certain people shouldn't be part of the inner circle.

If he had the information he couldn't openly blacklist them any more than he can now with a nudge from the people in the know.

Except he has people in the party who have that information, and who can advise him that certain people shouldn't be part of the inner circle.

If he had the information he couldn't openly blacklist them any more than he can now with a nudge from the people in the know.
If those people tell him, or even hint at “maybe so-and-so shouldn’t be near anything important”, how close is it to essentially leaking info? How much trouble would those people get?

If those people tell him, or even hint at “maybe so-and-so shouldn’t be near anything important”, how close is it to essentially leaking info? How much trouble would those people get?

It's all OK, Elizabeth said so, so Trudeau is essentially bluffing... ;)

Green Leader Elizabeth May says there's no list of disloyal current MPs in unredacted NSICOP report​

May says she was 'relieved' after reading top-secret information​

Except that doesn’t make sense. If his staff is cleared, they can’t pass that information on to the leader without breaking the law.

I really want to vote for someone who takes national security seriously. That used to be the Conservatives. Now they all appear to be clowns.

Trudea is going to:
-promise, if elected, to introduce some kind of guaranteed basic income leading people to believe they can sit at home and collect checks
-promise, if elected, to introduce some kind of guaranteed work from home rule leading the 360,000 public service living in big cities to vote for him
-promise, if elected, to introduce an even better daycare plan
-promise, if elected, to really take the housing situation seriously and come up with a plan to make housing more affordable.
-promise, if elected, to introduce electoral reform

Lots of stupid Canadians will eat these promises up. I'm predicting a Liberal minority government.
Bang on. He will especially push for proportional rep as that will pretty much keep the Cons out of power forever.

Son of God on a cracker, how drunk was she when reading the report or did the security service give her a different binder for strange people.
Well She was born in the States and lived in the Highland woods of Cape Breton growing up. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Except that doesn’t make sense. If his staff is cleared, they can’t pass that information on to the leader without breaking the law.

I really want to vote for someone who takes national security seriously. That used to be the Conservatives. Now they all appear to be clowns.
I don’t want my Prime Minister to not read classified national security briefings because he is too busy surfing, unless he can use those briefings for partisan advantage. Yet, here we are.

The issue here is not with PP and the Cons. They are not the Government, nor have been for (checks watch) 9 years.

This Prime Minister, at various Parliamentary hearings over the years, has been described by his own party and chief of staff as either reading everything or reading nothing, depending on which narrative best fits for the particular moment of crisis.

Forgive me if I do not trip over myself asking the CPC to account for themselves. I am in the “lier, lier pants on fire” camp, until the Liberals and this PM prove otherwise. He made extraordinary claims. He should now be forced to put up or shut up- release all the the names of all parliamentarians of all parties who are implicated and let the voters decide.

Back