• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not (various polling, etc.)

Also, the leader of the official opposition should get appropriate security clearance and receive confidential briefings. Both things can be true.
Get appropriate security clearance =/= receive confidential briefings. Particularly if the receipt of those briefings is going to be used to effectively silence you.

Get appropriate security clearance =/= receive confidential briefings. Particularly if the receipt of those briefings is going to be used to effectively silence you.
Well he hasn't gotten the clearnace or gotten the briefings, so is a moot point.

I have no tolerance for people that remain intentionally ignorant for convenience. There is nothing stopping him from getting the briefing and publically saying the allegations from Trudeau are lies, or that there are LPC MPs with similar allegations.

I think pretty much everyone on here with time in the CAF has knowledge of confidential things and can still speak about generalities on a lot of it without getting into anything that breaches confidentiality, so this is a pretty weird spot to hear people making that position. The only thing he won't be able to speak about is specific information that is confidential, which he can't speak about anyway because he hasn't been briefed on this, so it's a circular bullshit argument.

Refusing to get clearance and a briefing is a gimmick, nothing more, but pretty much on par for someone that has never had a job outside politics.

Well he hasn't gotten the clearnace or gotten the briefings, so is a moot point.

I have no tolerance for people that remain intentionally ignorant for convenience. There is nothing stopping him from getting the briefing and publically saying the allegations from Trudeau are lies, or that there are LPC MPs with similar allegations.

I think pretty much everyone on here with time in the CAF has knowledge of confidential things and can still speak about generalities on a lot of it without getting into anything that breaches confidentiality, so this is a pretty weird spot to hear people making that position. The only thing he won't be able to speak about is specific information that is confidential, which he can't speak about anyway because he hasn't been briefed on this, so it's a circular bullshit argument.

Refusing to get clearance and a briefing is a gimmick, nothing more, but pretty much on par for someone that has never had a job outside politics.
Interesting interpretation...

One thing I have noticed over the last few threads covering this is that the people who think PPs in the wrong think that about everything he does. Which leads me to believe that their position on this is just as partisan as their takes on other topics.

At the same time, those of us who see it as just another political play from a politician, tend to be more favourable toward PP on other topics as well.

Meaning that your political position in general has more to do with how you view this than your understanding or interactions with security clearances...

Back