• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not (various polling, etc.)

Why do we have to assign a blame to anyone person?

Hey mods...

I am proposing a change. I need to be able to post multiple reaction emojis at once

😮:rolleyes:😁

Come on Lumber - your not backwards about assigning blame when it suits you. Geez man.

Political climate and leanings of political leaders are surely major factors anyone planning a long-term project assesses. The longer the delivery window, the greater the risk of political interference.

Undeniably, because it's his fault. He is the leader. The buck stops with him.
You're conflating responsibility with "cause".

Shoukd Trudeau pay the pied piper for not having done enough to move OAG projects along? Sure.

Is Trudeau the root cause that more hadn't been done by now? No.

Could someone else at the helm have caused, by now, several major multi billion dollar OAG projects to be completed (before now, actually) and so that by now the government was reaping in large increases in government revenue? Also no.

You're all over-simplifying the problem with your incessant appeal to "its all Trudeau's fault", but, whatever makes you sleep better at night I suppose.

You're conflating responsibility with "cause".

Shoukd Trudeau pay the pied piper for not having done enough to move OAG projects along? Sure.

Is Trudeau the root cause that more hadn't been done by now? No.

Could someone else at the helm have caused, by now, several major multi billion dollar OAG projects to be completed (before now, actually) and so that by now the government was reaping in large increases in government revenue? Also no.

You're all over-simplifying the problem with your incessant appeal to "its all Trudeau's fault", but, whatever makes you sleep better at night I suppose.

Agreed. Let's give Trudeau and team another term and let's make it a majority. I mean non of it is his fault or due to his leadership and if we just gave him and team a few more terms they would get us where we need to be.

#itsallharperafault #voteliberalforlifebeacusereasons

Agreed. Let's give Trudeau and team another term and let's make it a majority. I mean non of it is his fault or due to his leadership and if we just gave him and team a few more terms they would get us where we need to be.

#itsallharperafault #voteliberalforlifebeacusereasons
Jesus christ dude how much clearer can I fucking be. Don't put words in my mouth.

QV and Quirky literally said that if Trudeau wasn't at the helm the last few years that we would RIGHT NOW have major LNG projects completed years ago, already have been reaping the financial benefits, moved the extra government revenue to defence, and become a major middle power.

I called out the rediculousness of that claim. Nothing more.

Jesus christ dude how much clearer can I fucking be. Don't put words in my mouth.

QV and Quirky literally said that if Trudeau wasn't at the helm the last few years that we would RIGHT NOW have major LNG projects completed years ago, already have been reaping the financial benefits, moved the extra government revenue to defence, and become a major middle power.

So who's fault is it when a ship fails WUPs ? It's the leadership's fault, and it's usually the leadership who gets replaced.

This is no different. If you wanna be the boss, then the boss. And you're responsible and accountable for the good and the bad.

Perhaps if JT and team hadn't won the last elections all of what was said wouldn't be completed, maybe it would. But I can tell you we would be better off now if JT and team had never been able to form a Government. And I voted for the guy.

So who's fault is it when a ship fails WUPs ? It's the leadership's fault, and it's usually the leadership who gets replaced.

This is no different. If you wanna be the boss, then the boss. And you're responsible and accountable for the good and the bad.

Perhaps if JT and team hadn't won the last elections all of what was said wouldn't be completed, maybe it would. But I can tell you we would be better off now if JT and team had never been able to form a Government. And I voted for the guy.
This is the problem with discussing politics (or anything right now). No one is able to isolate individual arguments and deal with them specifically. They conflagrate everything into a larger argument. To wit, the last part of your response has nothing to do with my argument. I'm not arguing the overall performance of Trudeau and the LPC, I'm arguing whether ANY PM could have had the effect that Quirky and QV claim they could. And it's not even a quesiton! You can go back and read about the state of these projects on 2015 and see what happened since then and the nature of the hurdles and see that there really is very little any PM could have done to move it along faster (and you can also see that the LPC hasn't really done anything to actively stop these projects).

Edit: Also your WUPS analogy is flawed. The CO is NOT always held responsible for failings during WUPS. STG is more observant than that. If the CO has done everything reasonable and exercised his due diligence and the failing can instead be identified as being caused by the failing of other individuals, then this individuals will be replaced and the CO carries on.

Also, I literally said go ahead and hold Trudeau accountable, just realize the reality of the situation, and get out of this stupid fantasy that all would be better if a CON was at the helm. You hare all politicians, why are you supporting this idea that a CON could somehow have accomplished all that QV and Quirky are claiming?

"Housing is not a federal responsibility..."
« housing isn't a primary federal responsibility. It's not something that we have direct carriage of. But it is something that we can and must help with.»

Is the actual quote.

This is the problem with discussing politics (or anything right now). No one is able to isolate individual arguments and deal with them specifically. They conflagrate everything into a larger argument. To wit, the last part of your response has nothing to do with my argument. I'm not arguing the overall performance of Trudeau and the LPC, I'm arguing whether ANY PM could have had the effect that Quirky and QV claim they could. And it's not even a quesiton! You can go back and read about the state of these projects on 2015 and see what happened since then and the nature of the hurdles and see that there really is very little any PM could have done to move it along faster (and you can also see that the LPC hasn't really done anything to actively stop these projects).

Edit: Also your WUPS analogy is flawed. The CO is NOT always held responsible for failings during WUPS. STG is more observant than that. If the CO has done everything reasonable and exercised his due diligence and the failing can instead be identified as being caused by the failing of other individuals, then this individuals will be replaced and the CO carries on.

Also, I literally said go ahead and hold Trudeau accountable, just realize the reality of the situation, and get out of this stupid fantasy that all would be better if a CON was at the helm. You hare all politicians, why are you supporting this idea that a CON could somehow have accomplished all that QV and Quirky are claiming?

You have no idea what another government could have done or not. Neither does QV and Quickly. All we know is what's actually happened.

To your edit: Go back and reread my post. I never mentioned the CO, I said leadership. I will tell you ships don't fail WUPs because the section bases and and ops room worker bees make mistakes. They fail be leadership manages the situation (s) poorly and employs their resources poorly. And they fail because the command triad is unable to manage the managers.

Lastly when did I say a conservative government would have done better ?

Lets just say Canada's international reputation has dipped in the last few years. AND who do we hold responsible for THAT?

Why Stephen Harper of course!!! (Sarcasm intended)

I personally would hold Trudeau responsible for that, and not just because he's the leader and therefore has to wear it, but also as the root cause of a LOT of it.

« housing isn't a primary federal responsibility. It's not something that we have direct carriage of. But it is something that we can and must help with.»

Is the actual quote.

I think this is a big issue. Canadians don't understand the division of government mostly because our various levels of government continue to use issues that don't concern them as campaign platforms.

I think this is a big issue. Canadians don't understand the division of government mostly because our various levels of government continue to use issues that don't concern them as campaign platforms.
Canadians don’t understand the division of powers because our educational system sucks and most of them are too lazy to learn on their own how it works.

Canadians are a provincial, i.e. parochial, people. All they care about is that their garbage is being collected, the schools and hospitals are open and are run efficiently and their local economy is chugging along. That’s what they’re thinking about during all elections, not the higher level things the Feds should be concerned with.

Canadians are a provincial, i.e. parochial, people. All they care about is that their garbage is being collected, the schools and hospitals are open and are run efficiently and their local economy is chugging along. That’s what they’re thinking about during all elections, not the higher level things the Feds should be concerned with.

Got me to wondering what the result would be if Hamas showed up in Craven the same way they showed up at Re'im.

Under the CPC the companies were concerned about the Social Licence issues, but at least the regulatory burden, while heavy, but was not catastrophic. We predicted that Bill C-69 would torpedo the projects that were hanging on and it did. There are significantly fewer project under review since JT changed the game, than before. Only projects like Site C and LNGCanada which were grandfathered under the old Acts continued.

Concurrency - not causation

But - the collapse in the Liberals' fortune is coincidental with Vladimir's Special Military Operation.

Is there a better indicator of the lack of Sunny Ways?

It wouldn't surprise me greatly if Trudeau pulled out a Defence Review before the next election promising great things in the future and some signs of earnest in the short term.

P8s? Silverados? Better clothes for the women?

Back