• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not (various polling, etc.)

Perhaps they want Trudeau to own and go down with the ship. Why waste another good candidate starting from the back foot? Maybe the game plan is to let Trudeau run the course and lose, then after a period in opposition while the CPC struggles to repair the enormous LPC fiscal damage and loses support in that effort from the entitled voters, the LPC come rolling in as saviors, safely distanced from the Trudeau years.
Or maybe they haven't picked a Kim Campbell to throw in (yet?) just before the boat sinks?

I can't tell if that's sarcasm Tar. With you being a bit of a libertarian, I'd think the idea of a Sin tax would be anathema to you. (I apologize if that's an inaccurate characterization of your political leaning).

Not sarcasm at all. People are making choices to use those products. And they are unhealthy. So tax the crap out of them. I'm all for personal choices.

What I'm not for forced taxation, like income tax.

I'd take higher consumption taxes to lose income taxes.

Not sarcasm at all. People are making choices to use those products. And they are unhealthy. So tax the crap out of them. I'm all for personal choices.

What I'm not for forced taxation, like income tax.

I'd take higher consumption taxes to lose income taxes.

Or force them to pay for self-inflicted wounds out of their own pockets?

Why not? Many jurisdictions will bill you for the cost of a rescue if you are hiking/climbing etc. and need a rescue due to poor/no preparations. How is this different?

What considered self inflicted ?

I think we'd have to pretty definitively define that first.

Interesting take by Don Martin. Fraser wasn’t someone I would have considered as leadership contender. His argument is sound mostly but I think most conservative faithful would rather face Trudeau.

If Fraser was to be the leader of the LPC, federal election voters only need remember that Fraser has supported Trudeau through all of this.

But I doubt voters will remember that.

Interesting take by Don Martin. Fraser wasn’t someone I would have considered as leadership contender. His argument is sound mostly but I think most conservative faithful would rather face Trudeau.
With the knives coming out, now is the time for Jagmeet to pull the plug. He will do far better against Justin than he will against new blood.

JT won’t resign. He really wants to take on PP. He views Scheer and O’Toole as lightweights and PP as a challenge and an existential threat to (Liberal) Canada. JT sees himself as the saviour of the party and the country, in spite of what the polls say.

JT won’t resign. He really wants to take on PP. He views Scheer and O’Toole as lightweights and PP as a challenge and an existential threat to (Liberal) Canada. JT sees himself as the saviour of the party and the country, in spite of what the polls say.
Not only that but Trudeau HAS to beat the Nine, no almost ten years that Harper was P.M.. That fact is the intellectual basis for the existence of these Liberals. That means we are stuck with Mr Trudeau until about the August long weekend 2025. Hang on folks.

With the knives coming out, now is the time for Jagmeet to pull the plug. He will do far better against Justin than he will against new blood.
They'd even have the trigger they needed right here on pharmacare ...
... even if discussions are happening (my prediction: Team Orange'll cave) ...
... but commentators of all colour jerseys (including Orange) say NDP's not ready financially or organizationally for an election anytime soon.

Also, huge kernels of truth right here ...
... a large narcissism quotient at play.
... He really wants to take on PP. He views ... PP as a challenge and an existential threat to (Liberal) Canada. JT sees himself as the saviour of the party and the country, in spite of what the polls say.
In a way, both leaders are exactly who the other one wants to fight.

Canada (and trudeau) makes it to the House Select Subcommittee on Weaponization in the Federal Government

Don Martin seems to be grasping at straws with that one... I follow politics more closely than the average voter, and even I had no idea who Fraser is. Since when has competency been what people vote for?

My guess is he's looking for hope where none is to be found.

Back