• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Two Questions about Application

Rikes

Inactive
Reaction score
I recently applied for Crewman and Infantry and was notified to contact the recruiter provided within 30 days and that I need my transcript. Well the problem is that I can't get my transcript for another 3 weeks because I just finished my last credit to complete my high school (I am 22) because of processing times and mailing. My two questions are 1. Am I able to add a new desired trade since crewman hiring window is about to close and infantry is always full and I have become greatly interested in combat engineer and  2. is it ok to contact the recruiter by email or phone even though it will be much more than 30 days after the initial email because i really dont wanna go in there without a transcript looking stupid.

1.Combat Engineer is also closed for Fiscal year 2014. It will reopen for FY 2015 as will crewman, and infantry. 2. When I had applied way back I had an issue getting some documents and it exceeded the 30 day mark, I was told there was a fifteen day window but get in touch with your recruiter and explain the situation and see what they have to say.

So I should contact my recruiter between the 30 and 45 day mark regardless of transcript in hand or not? Do I need to restart the whole process over again if I go over 45 days ? I hope i can add a 3rd trade ive seen some people on these forums who waited 2 years for a job offer due to only wanting a trade like Infantry.

Contact them as soon as possible. That way if your file hits the 30 day mark it will not be closed if they know you are still interested however only awaiting documentation. Is it possible for you to get an unofficial copy, because all the transcript is used for is to prove that you have completed grade 10.

Adding a third trade is good but if you are set on infantry then you will need patience. Do not pick a trade simply to get in, pick a trade which you can see your self doing for a long time.

I could get an official transcript with 29 credits on it (grade 11) but i really wanted to go into this with highest education available to me so im not overlooked over it. Right now i'm set on Armoured Soldier with Infrantry as second and no 3rd but i would like to make Combat Eng. 2nd and Infrantry 3rd.

You can show them the unofficial transcripts just to get the process started then once you receive your full transcript bring that in to be added to the file. It simply cuts down the waiting time a bit.

As for your choice's do what you feel is right. If you want Cbt Eng as no.2 then put it there. If all your really want is armoured then just put armoured only.

Ok so I went to my school to check out my last marks and I'm now currently graduate status. I told the school was going on with my army application and they had no idea what an "unofficial transcript" is and that the absolute quickest the transcripts arrive will be after Christmas. They said they could write a letter but would not be able to give it any official board of education stamp like the transcript requires. So as of right now I do not know what to do regarding my application I still have not responded to the email. I also went to the board itself and they also could not help me with any letters or unofficial transcripts.

Unofficial transcripts are just a print out from their system saying all the classes you've completed and the marks. I find it really hard to believe they cannot produce that.

PuckChaser said:
Unofficial transcripts are just a print out from their system saying all the classes you've completed and the marks. I find it really hard to believe they cannot produce that.

Ditto this, it basically looks like your official transcript although it is unsealed and unsigned by an administrator. I had mine emailed to me, then had an official copy mailed to be handed to the RC.

PuckChaser said:

The next time i see them personally on thursday i'll show them this post with my phone and see if they give me the same lame answer. I will be calling the board again monday to ask for my list of credits completed to be emailed to me instead of asking for an "unofficial transcript" this time. If i still cannot get it what do i do about my current application? is there something i need to do to end it for the time being in a manner which it will be easily resumed or do i ignore the email i recieved and let my file die (hoping this is also easily resumed) or do i contact the recruiter resuming my current status and am able to take the aptitude test and email/fax/hand my transcript in after christmas?

Back