• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

U.S. 2012 Election

On Nov 6 Who Will Win President Obama or Mitt Romney ?

• President Obama

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 24 38.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thucydides said:
Counter argument that speaking to a group like NAACP is simply walking into the lion's den, but symbolism is important and a man offering persuasive arguments might be able to sway some people to reexamine their premises.

But that's not playing the race card? Okay then...

Gingrich, for all his sage advice, hasn't accepted NAACP invitations in the past. And his connecting African-Americans with food stamps (as did Santorum) doesn't match with the reality that most food stamp recipients are in fact white. It does fit that good ol' "welfare queen" stereotype that sells well.

One pundit, I can't remember who, was wondering why when there are so few Black Republicans in Iowa where this whole mess arose any candidate was making such statements.

cupper said:
I think you will hear an approval as an October surprise, if not mid summer.

Read the statements closer. The reason for rejection was solely due to the arbitrary deadline put in place by the Republican House. There was never enough time to do the environmental studies for the new routes under that deadline. If you didn't see this coming back in November when they were fighting over it, you need to get your eyes checked.

You beat me to it. The rejection now is based on how the issue was brought up by the GOP - and President Obama played it pretty well, I think. I don't see any reason why one would assume the issue's totally dead - but Obama can use this to thrash the GOP later, and get it done anyhow.

Redeye said:
You beat me to it. The rejection now is based on how the issue was brought up by the GOP - and President Obama played it pretty well, I think. I don't see any reason why one would assume the issue's totally dead - but Obama can use this to thrash the GOP later, and get it done anyhow.

In my opinion, this is all smoke and mirrors by President Obama and it will backfire, ala the sponsorship scandal business with the Liberals in our country.

Reproduced under the fair use of the copyright act.

Posted By Thomas E. Ricks  Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 9:37 AM
My wife’s favorite Republican candidate for amusement is Newt, but myself, I enjoy watching old Rick Perry. The man strikes me as a fool in a suit, almost a cartoon version of a Texas governor. Here is his comment the other night on the government of Turkey: “When you have a country [Turkey] that is being ruled by what many would perceive to be Islamic terrorists, when you start seeing that type of activity against their own citizens, then yes, not only is it time for us to have a conversation about whether or not they belong to be in NATO, but it’s time for the United States, when we look at their foreign aid, to go to zero with it. [Cheers, applause]” (To fully appreciate this, read it aloud in a Foghorn Leghorn voice.)

As the estimable Glenn Kessler of the Washington Post put it, Perry’s characterization of Turkey is an off-the-charts jaw dropper. In fact, observes Kessler, a veteran diplomatic correspondent, “The ruling party of Turkey is moderately Islamic, but it generally has not interfered with the country’s secular traditions. . . . As for foreign aid, Turkey is a wealthy country that already gets virtually no foreign aid from the United States.”

In addition, notes Juan Cole, “Turkey has peace-keeping troops serving alongside US ones in Afghanistan, and in danger of being killed by Taliban, and it is a profound insult to reward their friendship with the US by this kind of trash talk.”

link here http://ricks.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2012/01/18/i_m_gonna_miss_rick_perry_the_foghorn_leghorn_of_presidential_candidates

Fortunately, Rick Perry seems to have realized he's the punchline to an unfunny joke and finally packed it in. He was really just making more headaches for diplomats by going on about things it seems he's not very conversant on.

(Funny enough, I'm apparently sharing my camp with Turks next month)

Kalatzi said:
Reproduced under the fair use of the copyright act.

Posted By Thomas E. Ricks  Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 9:37 AM
My wife’s favorite Republican candidate for amusement is Newt, but myself, I enjoy watching old Rick Perry. The man strikes me as a fool in a suit, almost a cartoon version of a Texas governor. Here is his comment the other night on the government of Turkey: “When you have a country [Turkey] that is being ruled by what many would perceive to be Islamic terrorists, when you start seeing that type of activity against their own citizens, then yes, not only is it time for us to have a conversation about whether or not they belong to be in NATO, but it’s time for the United States, when we look at their foreign aid, to go to zero with it. [Cheers, applause]” (To fully appreciate this, read it aloud in a Foghorn Leghorn voice.)

As the estimable Glenn Kessler of the Washington Post put it, Perry’s characterization of Turkey is an off-the-charts jaw dropper. In fact, observes Kessler, a veteran diplomatic correspondent, “The ruling party of Turkey is moderately Islamic, but it generally has not interfered with the country’s secular traditions. . . . As for foreign aid, Turkey is a wealthy country that already gets virtually no foreign aid from the United States.”

In addition, notes Juan Cole, “Turkey has peace-keeping troops serving alongside US ones in Afghanistan, and in danger of being killed by Taliban, and it is a profound insult to reward their friendship with the US by this kind of trash talk.”

link here http://ricks.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2012/01/18/i_m_gonna_miss_rick_perry_the_foghorn_leghorn_of_presidential_candidates

It's still a long way until "Super Tuesday," 6 Mar, when we have Alaska (caucus), Georgia (primary), Idaho (caucus), Massachusetts (primary), North Dakota (caucus), Ohio (primary), Oklahoma (primary), Tennessee (primary), Vermont (primary) and Virginia (primary).

Redeye said:
Fortunately, Rick Perry seems to have realized he's the punchline to an unfunny joke and finally packed it in. He was really just making more headaches for diplomats by going on about things it seems he's not very conversant on.

(Funny enough, I'm apparently sharing my camp with Turks next month)

Yeah, it's not like Obama would say anything stupid... like saying he had visited 57 states, and confusing a dead medal of honour winner with a live one when briefing the 10th Mountain Division... oh wait, he did. 

Bird_Gunner45 said:
Yeah, it's not like Obama would say anything stupid... like saying he had visited 57 states, and confusing a dead medal of honour winner with a live one when briefing the 10th Mountain Division... oh wait, he did.

Of course, everyone makes gaffes. It happens.

He didn't accuse an allied government of being run by "Islamists", suggest they were heavily aid dependent, and suggest they support terrorism though.

Now he needs to make a video on how he's not ashamed to be dropping out of the Presidential election and blame it on homosexuals in the military and the war on Christmas.

Redeye said:
Of course, everyone makes gaffes. It happens.

He didn't accuse an allied government of being run by "Islamists", suggest they were heavily aid dependent, and suggest they support terrorism though.

Well, Turkey's government is moving towards more radical Islam and they were the 11th largest recipient of US Aid.  Perhaps he over exaggerated things, but he wasn't necessarily wrong in either regard

An interesting bit of speculation about the toxic horsetrading that goes on behind the scenes. The American labour movement should have been outraged and outspoken over the decision to block the Keystone XL pipeline (and anyone who thinks otherwise needs only to look at the ever shifting rationals for delaying or blocking the descision; effectively so long as this administration is in power there will be no approval for any reason). While the documentary evidence is not openly available, the reasoning in the article makes a great deal of sense:

http://pjmedia.com/ronradosh/2012/01/19/why-obama-turned-down-the-keystone-xl-pipeline/?print=1

Why Obama Turned Down the Keystone XL Pipeline
Posted By Ron Radosh On January 19, 2012 @ 1:17 pm In Uncategorized | 18 Comments

With our campaigner-in-chief’s veto of the Keystone XL pipeline from Canada to sections of the United States, President Barack Obama made what columnist Joe Klein today on Morning Joe called perhaps the worst political mistake of his entire presidency. After all, the scheduled pipeline meant, above all, the potential for perhaps 20,000 jobs immediately and many more in future years.

In today’s Washington Post, economics columnist Robert Samuelson spelled out [1] the many advantages of the Keystone pipeline. It will not have a major impact on global-warming emissions, as the environmental activist community claims would be the effect if the pipeline were to be approved. Indeed, should Canada instead build a pipeline to the Pacific for Asian export, eventually shipped by tanker to China, there will be even more emissions and the risk of oil spills.

But more importantly, rejection means worse relations with our nearby good neighbor, as well as perhaps the loss of thousands of new desperately needed jobs that would help rejuvenate the economy. As Samuleson writes, no matter whether there are less or more than the 20,000 some claim, “it’s in the thousands and thus important in a country hungering for work.” And the pipeline is exactly the type of infrastructure project Obama supposedly favors.

Moreover, by vetoing it, Obama helped our competitor China, which is wondering “how the crazy Americans could repudiate such a huge supply of nearby energy.” Yes, it means we are still going to be dependent upon oil. But let’s face it, Obama’s big green energy push has gone nowhere, as symbolized by the wasted heavy investment in Solyndra and the hype about the electric cars that Americans have ignored completely. Shouldn’t our country have more trade in oil with Canada, rather than have to turn to the Saudis, and to Venezuela, or to other potential and current enemies?

The editorial endorsement [2] of Obama’s veto by the editors of the left-wing New York Times (I have purposefully called the paper “left-wing” rather than “liberal,” since it is a more accurate description of its editorial slant) provides some insight as to what lies behind the veto by Obama. Noting that the State Department has primary jurisdiction over the proposed 1700 mile pipeline, it notes that it would “cross through ecologically sensitive areas in the Midwest.” Thus it favors a new “comprehensive environmental review.”

Keep in mind that reviews and investigations had been carried out, and none of them had concluded that the pipeline posed any real danger. The editors also make charges answered effectively by Samuelson in his column, such as the false claim that it would “cause far more greenhouse gas emissions” than if it was not built. They also argue that much of the refined oil would “be destined for foreign export.” On this issue, Samuelson counters that “this would be a good thing.” The exports would go to Latin America, keep refining jobs in the U.S., and reduce our trade deficit in oil.

So what, then, explains the president’s veto of the project? Here are my thoughts on the answer to this conundrum.

Recall the article appearing a few weeks ago, noting that the Democratic Party has decided to write off the votes of the white working-class [3] in the 2012 election, which it has judged is going to overwhelmingly go to the Republicans. Instead, it has decided to try and increase the vote of the suburban upper-middle class and coastal elites, as well as the vote of college students who had been so enthusiastic about Obama in 2008. Without such an increase to make up for the loss of working-class votes (once a Democratic mainstay), the Democratic policy wonks believe Obama will lose.

On the campuses, and among East and West coast types, environmental activism is the big cause of the day. Unlike working-class voters and even the unions that represent them and put jobs and the economy as their first concern, they like that their hero Al Gore puts nature and the environment first, and always paints a more deadly picture [4] about the condition of the earth than is warranted by the facts. A prime example of this is the column [5] on Huffington Post by the actor-activist Robert Redford, who praises Obama for “standing up” to Big Oil.

In Redford’s eyes, it’s all about Big Oil lobbyists paying off members of Congress to vote for the folly of an environmentally disastrous pipeline. The actor has not one word about the wide breadth of support for the pipeline, including from the AFL-CIO unions that support Obama on almost everything else. But Redford is precisely the kind of Obama supporter whose votes the administration is courting and that they deem as essential for a 2012 victory at the polls.

So if the unions supported the pipeline, as they did, why are they so silent now that the president has turned against a proposal they backed? The answer is that I suspect a private deal was made last week: The unions would downgrade their disappointment at the veto of Keystone XL, in return for the president unconstitutionally using his powers to override the Constitution and put in pro-labor recess appointments to the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), the same  board that tried to penalize Boeing for wanting to move its new facility to South Carolina from the state of Washington.

For the unions, a pro-left-wing NLRB is more important for Big Labor to attain all of its goals even if it hurts the spread of corporations to a more hospitable climate where new jobs would be created. This kind of clout as well as promises to support other labor demands that  Congress might not sanction but which the president would try to implement by executive fiat are more important in their judgment than having the pipeline built at this moment.

And, in the process, Obama would try to energize the left-wing base in Hollywood and the campuses, which care little about the needs of the working-class and the unions, but respond with passion to the clarion calls of Al Gore, Robert Redford, and Laurie David.

So the president makes his move, and leaves the pipeline for the future while instead he makes his stand in an orchestrated speech to be given at Disney World’s “Main Street,” as far away as possible from any real American main street, and where the ghost of Walt Disney is turning over in his grave to learn what his beloved theme park is being used for [6].

The president, I think, will need a lot more to win next November than pandering to an invited Florida audience at the nation’s number one dream factory after those in Hollywood.

Article printed from Ron Radosh: http://pjmedia.com/ronradosh

URL to article: http://pjmedia.com/ronradosh/2012/01/19/why-obama-turned-down-the-keystone-xl-pipeline/

URLs in this post:

[1] spelled out: http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/rejecting-the-keystone-pipeline-is-an-act-of-insanity/2012/01/19/gIQAowG6AQ_story.html?sub=AR
[2] editorial endorsement: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/19/opinion/a-good-call-on-the-keystone-xl-oil-pipeline.html?_r=1&ref=opinion
[3] of the white working-class: http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/29/what-does-it-mean-if-democrats-are-giving-up-on-white-working-class-voters/
[4] a more deadly picture: http://dailycaller.com/2011/02/03/halfway-to-doomsday/
[5] column: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-redford/keystone-pipeline-obama-administration_b_1214158.html
[6] is being used for: http://pjmedia.com/eddriscoll/2012/01/19/metaphor-alert-main-street-usa-will-be-closed/

E.R. Campbell said:
It's still a long way until "Super Tuesday," 6 Mar, when we have Alaska (caucus), Georgia (primary), Idaho (caucus), Massachusetts (primary), North Dakota (caucus), Ohio (primary), Oklahoma (primary), Tennessee (primary), Vermont (primary) and Virginia (primary).

You can pretty much take Virginia out of that mix, since only Romney and Paul will be on the ballot.

cupper said:
You can pretty much take Virginia out of that mix, since only Romney and Paul will be on the ballot.

Good point: that's 46 out of 2,286 that are not available to Gingrich or Santorum. 1,144 delegate votes are needed to secure the nomination - Virginia's elected delegates are 4% of what's needed to win.

Interesting comment on a commentary of the keystone pipeline....
http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2012/01/19/fps-peter-foster-follow-the-keystone-money-then-expose-the-misinformation/

anon996724974
What is scaring this Albertan and my oilmen friends is that we are hearing that the Stelmach government cut our Royalties on our raw bitumen from $14.57 U.S. per barrel down to a pathetic .48 cents. Why should we give away our children's future at a ridiculously low return on 900,000 barrels per day to create 20,000 jobs in the U.S. Jobs that Canadians should have here.The oilmen I know don't think it would create more than about 300 permanent jobs for Canadians. What's wrong with refinning it in Canada and looking after the Canadian market first as our former premier and hero Peter Lougheed is saying? We are also being told that the Chinese are bringing in their own workers to work in the oilsands to supply the Enbridge line to the west coast. They won't have to abide by Canadian laws. They can pay them low wages and work them long hours. What will this do to the Canadian workers? Will the other oil companies start demanding that they be allowed to hire the cheap Chinese labor also? If any of this is true we have got to get these lines stopped before Canadians really get screwed.

Media is loosing control of the narrative, and don't like it a bit. I suspect there will be many more "Newt" moments (he is pretty fast with the comeback), and more Republican candidates will start responding to the Legacy media in the same way:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/theanchoress/2012/01/20/can-a-standing-o-shake-a-worldview/

Can a Standing O Shake a Worldview?
Jan 20th, 2012 by Elizabeth Scalia

If you did not see the standing ovation given Newt Gingrich when went “smackdown” on John King during last night’s debate, here it is:

I came to the debate a few minutes late so I didn’t see it live. At the end of the debate, when CNN replayed “highlights” the standing-O wasn’t included (it certainly seemed like a “highlight” whether one liked it or not), so I only became aware of it thanks to the internet, and social media.

This morning I got an email from a friend who scours the papers, and he wrote:

AP and others did not even mention the standing O

I took a quick look around at various mainstream reports and discovered that my friend was correct. Even pieces identifying themselves as analysis of “winners and losers” or “views from the bleachers” made no mention of the standing ovation that accompanied Newt’s smackdown of King. From the bleachers, this is what it looked like to CNN:

He opened by offering Newt Gingrich a chance to respond to his allegations from his ex-wife in an interview on ABC. Gingrich delivers a flat “No” and the segmented crowd becomes uniform in its applause as Gingrich attacked the media.

The writers, Soledad O’Brien and Rose Arce (two sets of eyes!) were in the bleachers and saw the crowd “become uniform,” but they can’t bring themselves to report what they actually saw.

Several reports did make mention of the other unusual moment of the night, when John King asked Santorum, Gingrich and Romney about their pro-life positions and then then moved on. The audience (and even my husband and I at home) yelled at the moderator, “what about Paul! He’s a doctor!” And King was forced to allow Paul to be part of the discussion. The press was right to mention the moment, but — as my friend said — they seem to be determined to ignore Newt’s standing-o, which is something completely foreign to debates; in my memory it has never happened before. That alone makes it news-worthy and yet it’s not considered mentionable. To the press, it was not a “highlight.”

Which means we must ask, why is that?

Perhaps they are in denial. They have a very tidy playbook about how to go about destroying Republican candidates: you call them stupid; you call them crazy; you feature ugly or unflattering pictures of them; you delve into their trash and their college transcripts (but only theirs) or you expose their sins (but only theirs), confident in the knowledge that people are sheep, susceptible to gossip and the media’s leading leash; conservatives, after all, are judgmental “values voters” who will (according to the playbook) be repelled by tawdry stories of narcissistic (Republican, only) politicians who serially cheat on their wives!

And last night, John King asked a question about Newt Gingrich’s past marriage issues — this is a big gun that’s supposed to do serious damage — and the thing backfired on them; it blew up in their hands as the audience “became uniform” in expressing its disgust not for the tawdry politician, but for the press that has become so nakedly overt in its bias, and so selective in what it finds newsworthy and what it does not.

The standing ovation for Newt’s remarks were not an endorsement of his behavior — many conservatives are troubled by Gingrich’s past and character does matter to them, while other conservatives are remembering their own sins and falling back on what they know of mercy, for the time being. No, that ovation was an endorsement of Gingrich’s disdain for the mainstream media, which they share, and a declaration to that same media that their playbook is played-out. It said:

“We are done responding like Pavlovian dogs to your bells; we no longer trust you; we understand that you are no longer a press that is free, but one that is enthralled to its own ideologies and agendas. From this point on, a candidate is going to rise or fall on the substance of their ideas and abilities, not on your prosy gushes about his brilliance, or stern warnings about her stupidity. You savaged George W. Bush you savaged Sarah Palin and you got away with it. You carried your own preferred, utterly inexperienced, passionate ideologue into the White House with over-effusive rhetoric and you have buffeted him from inquiry (tax returns? Hell, we’d just like to see Obama’s college transcripts!), or what you perceive to be damaging stories, but you elevated your favorite at the cost of your own credibility, and now it comes back to bite you. Because a press with no credibility has nothing to offer us. It has nowhere to go, now, except into the arms of the political machine it has loved. Just like Pravda, actually.”

The mainstream press does not want to discuss last night’s standing ovation because it shakes their worldview. They were supposed to be able to control the narrative; they were supposed to be able to corral the sheep. And last night, the sheep indicated that they’re no longer willing to be herded, no longer going to allow their own moral judgments to be exploited in a time when the nation is facing serious issues. They’ve decided they’re going to make up their own minds, thank you, about who they think is up to dealing with those issues. They’re looking at the press and saying, “Scallywags, heal thyselves!”

This has to be a true shake-up for the press. No wonder they don’t mind, so much, the idea of the government being able to shut down the internet at will. Without it, it will be so much easier to hide what they’d rather not have to discuss.

Which is precisely why we really need to make sure the internet remains unencumbered. Shutting it down may be the only play the mainstream media has left.

Understand, this is not about loving or hating Newt; this is simply a look at the press and where it’s at and how it got here.

UPDATE: In the combox, Kathy Shaidle from Five Feet of Fury has a different interpretation of the ovation, one that I admit did not occur to me, likely because I am (as usual) part of the stone-throwing rabble, and I think her point is certainly one that is worth consideration:

To me they are the equivalent of the OJ jury:

Yeah, we know he’s guilty, but THIS is for all the innocents (we think) were “wrongly accused”/roughed up by cops, etc

That is not the dignified, intelligent position, no matter how deeply tempting it is and no matter whose side adopts it.

The response was one of a team scoring a touchdown. And the Blue/Red “team” mentality of electoral politics is part of what’s wrong with it, not something to be encouraged.

Yes, the media is hopelessly biased and corrupt. I’ve been blogging for 12 years and bow to no one in my championship of alternative media. Everything you’re saying about them is 100% true. I don’t even believe in “not stooping to their level” — I say stoop away. Anything else is a mug’s game.

And yet: that standing o was so “reptilian brain” it curdled my stomach.

Facilitating voter fraud by controlling the Secretary of State position. Good thing these people got caught, and it will be v ery interesting to see if an investigation is launched to follow the trail (and where it might lead):

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/01/not-just-a-democrat-dirty-trick-but-a-crime.php

NOT JUST A DEMOCRAT DIRTY TRICK, BUT A CRIME

A few years ago, as part of its strategy of facilitating voter fraud as a means of winning close elections, the Democratic Party undertook a campaign to secure as many Secretary of State offices in swing states as possible. From those perches, the Democrats would be in a position to oversee elections and enforce (or decline to enforce) election laws. That strategy has been quite successful, but the Democrats suffered a setback in Iowa in 2010 when conservative Republican Matt Schultz won an upset victory in the Secretary of State race. Since then, Iowa Democrats have targeted Schultz.

That targeting has taken a sinister turn–a criminal one, in fact–as the Des Moines Register reports:

A Des Moines man has been arrested after police say he used, or tried to use, the identity of Iowa Secretary of State Matt Schultz in a scheme to falsely implicate Schultz in perceived unethical behavior in office.

Zachary Edwards was arrested Friday and charged with identity theft.

The Iowa Department of Public Safety issued a news release saying Schultz’s office discovered the scheme on June 24, 2011 and notified authorities.

Iowa blogger Shane Vander Hart has more, including this mug shot of Zachary Edwards, a Democratic operative:

Edwards is a former Obama staffer who directed “new media operations” for Obama in five states during the 2008 primaries. Thereafter, he was Obama’s Director of New Media for the State of Iowa. In the Democratic Party’s lexicon, “new media” apparently includes identity theft.

Edwards now works for LINK Strategies, a Democratic consulting firm with extraordinarily close ties to Iowa Democrat Tom Harkin. Its principal, Jeff Link, has served as Harkin’s campaign manager and chief of staff. Link, too, is a former Obama staffer. The LINK Strategies web site says that Jeff Link “served as a media consultant to the Obama for President Campaign, coordinating branding, all paid media and polling in 25 states, including seven battleground states (VA, NC, FL, CO, NM, NV, MT)….”

That Edwards allegedly tried to steal the Secretary of State’s identity in order to frame Schultz for “unethical behavior in office” is no coincidence. Iowa Democrats, as Kevin Hall of the Iowa Republican points out, have mounted a campaign of false accusations against Schultz:

Since his surprise victory over incumbent Michael Mauro in November 2010, Secretary of State Schultz has been a target of the Iowa Democratic Party. Interestingly, on June 24, the same day as Zach Edwards alleged crime, Under the Golden Dome, a blog connected to Iowa Democrats, launched a three-part series of articles critical of Matt Schultz. They were based on documents obtained through an open records request from “a tipster.” The blog alleged that a batch of emails from Schultz’s office “raise some serious questions about his ability to remain independent and ensure election integrity”.

Just 15 days earlier, on June 9, the Iowa Democratic Party filed an ethics complaint against Schultz, claiming the Secretary of State of used public resources to campaign against presidential hopeful Jon Huntsman. The Iowa Ethics and Campaign Disclosure Board dismissed the complaint on July 19.

So on its face, Edwards’s identity theft appears to be part of a coordinated effort by the Iowa Democratic Party to bring down the Republican Secretary of State so he can be replaced with a Democrat. We hope that Edwards will get the long jail term that he deserves, but the more important question is, from whom was he taking instructions? Circumstantially, one would guess from his boss, Jeff Link. But if so, who was instructing (and paying?) Link’s firm? The White House? Tom Harkin? Iowa’s Democratic Party?

Much like Watergate, which began with a seemingly simple (if puzzling) burglary and ultimately unraveled the Nixon administration, it is impossible to say how far the trail of criminality will go if the Edwards case is pursued aggressively. Will that happen? I don’t know; stay tuned.

Thucydides said:
Facilitating voter fraud by controlling the Secretary of State position. Good thing these people got caught, and it will be v ery interesting to see if an investigation is launched to follow the trail (and where it might lead):

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/01/not-just-a-democrat-dirty-trick-but-a-crime.php

I guess you just haven't gotten around to issuing - no wait - I mean just cutting and pasting - your sharp condemnation of James O'Keefe's antics?

Why would you want to condemn a person who has publically exposed a flaw in the US voter registration process and makes it possible to close a loophole and eliminate a source of voter fraud?

In the past it was called investigative reporting.

Thucydides said:
Why would you want to condemn a person who has publically exposed a flaw in the US voter registration process and makes it possible to close a loophole and eliminate a source of voter fraud?

In the past it was called investigative reporting.

The USDJ calls it conspiracy to commit voter fraud. :nod:

cupper said:
The USDJ calls it conspiracy to commit voter fraud. :nod:

But if they didn't actually cast a vote is it voter fraud?

Back