• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

U.S.: Helloooooo Cdn Peacekeeping Force? Where Are You?

We do not have the equipment to support the various size of our commitments around the world we are currently involved.
If Trudeau wants Canada to get back on the Peacekeeping mission he better put a few more dollars in the wallet of the Military. We need more Airlift, more helicopters, more armour, more Soldiers, Sailors and Airpersons.
I think we might be able to pressure the guy to cough up a few bucks to put him into his dream job at the UN.
Then we can tow the line for year or two while the equipment gets ordered and people hired.
Its a win win, the Military gets more equipment, he gets out of Canada.

He’d rather hand over to Chrystia, than pump the military. Family blood runs deep.

So you were probably around when Trudeau the First was the PM. I do not recall those days fondly.
Within months, but not directly. Definitely felt the impact of the ‘Adminitrization’ of the CF over his tenure…

We do not have the equipment to support the various size of our commitments around the world we are currently involved.
If Trudeau wants Canada to get back on the Peacekeeping mission he better put a few more dollars in the wallet of the Military. We need more Airlift, more helicopters, more armour, more Soldiers, Sailors and Airpersons.
I think we might be able to pressure the guy to cough up a few bucks to put him into his dream job at the UN.
Then we can tow the line for year or two while the equipment gets ordered and people hired.
Its a win win, the Military gets more equipment, he gets out of Canada.
Trudeau doesn't want to do anything for the Military -- he knows full well that the brass will snap to attention, pop a suite and march off to order the CAF without anymore equipment anyway...

I suspect he doesn't want to send the CAF anywhere for fear of issues popping up that may put egg on his face.

Trudeau doesn't want to do anything for the Military -- he knows full well that the brass will snap to attention, pop a suite and march off to order the CAF without anymore equipment anyway...

I suspect he doesn't want to send the CAF anywhere for fear of issues popping up that may put egg on his face.
Body bags start questions, and the public doesn't care about defense. That won't change unless something massively changes

Promised in 2017, this is some very long discussions they must be having

I bet poor old Anita is playing several years of catch up, on many files, after the 'Class A (for Architect) MP' vacated his comfy chair ;)

P.S. The ironic phrase of the day for the win, from this article: "The Liberal government previously said it had given itself five years to produce the quick reaction force." ;)

Last edited:
This is one promise, along with ending FPTP, I wouldn’t be upset to see chucked. We should stay away from modern UN peacekeeping operations unless it is in our national interest with clear ROE.

Back