• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

UAV projects?

seawolf said:
so I'm assuming they FLEW the UAV's we HAD on lease in Afghanistan?

Yes, there were a few of us who flew Heron on the last few Rotations.  A couple of us have since been posted overseas to further our experience. 

As for what ACSOs will be doing on UAVs later, your guess is as good as anyone's.  It's too early to tell (so far) with any degree of certainty.

It shouldn't be a problem if we simply use the UAVs operated by the Americans. No need to divert money when we can use other people's money!  ;D

But it would be nice if we had our own U/CAV program, something along the lines of the Predator. Last time I checked the Chinese revealed some 25 new UAVs in their recent airshow.  :eek:

Virtuoso said:
It shouldn't be a problem if we simply use the UAVs operated by the Americans. No need to divert money when we can use other people's money!  ;D

But it would be nice if we had our own U/CAV program, something along the lines of the Predator. Last time I checked the Chinese revealed some 25 new UAVs in their recent airshow.  :eek:

Unfortunately I don't think the Americans would just let us "use" them.  There would obviously be money paid for training, employment, support, etc.  And, remember that the Americans could easily just take back their toys if we're just borrowing them.

And yes, it would be nice if we had our own RPA/UAV program.  That's why some of us are overseas now building on our experience.  However, like all new/shiny/potentially expensive things, they can easily be cut under "budget constraints." 

Virtuoso

You may wish to read more and post a little less.

You are the only one responsible for the impression that others are forming/have formed of you.

Back