• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

UFC Stuff - Merged

matty101

Inactive
Reaction score
WOW thats was the shit!  to all those that didn't see it, you missed a good show. all belts were retained and our canadian  :cdn: George St. Pierre  :cdn: ( sorry if I spelt that wrong) owned Sherk. what a great fight.

ken shamrock and tito ortiz are the coaches for the next ultimate fighter which should be great because they hate each other.

Franklin KO'd Corry so bad he was doing the funky chicken and didn't get up for at least 2 minutes.

of course matt won too with a first round tap out

anyway damn a good show.

AH! Can't believe I missed it!  Thanks for the info Matty u lucky bugger. :dontpanic:

matty101 said:
WOW thats was the crap!   to all those that didn't see it, you missed a good show. all belts were retained and our canadian   :cdn: George St. Pierre   :cdn: ( sorry if I spelt that wrong) owned Sherk. what a great fight.

He should be getting his title shot very soon. He has completely dominated in every fight I've seen him in except his loss to Matt Hughes. I think a second time around will have a different result, even though Hughes is an incredible fighter.

matty101 said:
Franklin KO'd Corry so bad he was doing the funky chicken and didn't get up for at least 2 minutes.

It's Quarry. He KO'd Nate Quarry.

matty101 said:
of course matt won too with a first round tap out

Both Franklin's and Hughes' fights looked like total mismatches. They both made it look way too easy.

I saw the fights at a bar, so some of the details i retained were hazy...

Joe Riggs and Matt Hughes fight was a massive dissapointment. I was really looking forward to seeing Riggs land one of those brick layers he's known for, but watching Quarry drop like a rock was enough to make my stay worth while.

St. pierre is a great fighter, and i hope he gets what he wants. As for the undercard fights, totally boring and I was VERY unimpressed.

Hey Shortbus, maybe you could get in the octagon and show everyone how it's done!? :dontpanic:

I REALLY hope SPIKE replays some of the highlights....I ordered it on STAR Choice Satelite , and 2 hours before "lets get it on" some A** nailed the power pole and knocked her out. Thank god they make you confirm your purchase right before the PPV starts or I would have had to pay for it.

R

The Gues-|- said:
Hey Shortbus, maybe you could get in the octagon and show everyone how it's done!? :dontpanic:

id love to...  :D

I'd love to see David Loiseau fight again. His fight against Evan Tanner is IMO a classic

When you ask?  Tomorrow night on PPV!

"UFC 58: USA vs. Canada Countdown will prepare you for one of the most exciting UFC events of the year!  Fighters from two great nations will go head-to-head on Saturday, March 4th, and now you can see how these incredible matches came to be.  See the fights and hear the stories that led to the battle that will take place between UFC Middleweight Champion Rich Franklin and number one contender David Loiseau.  Plus, hear exclusive comments from the returning BJ Penn about his upcoming match against the amazingly popular Georges St. Pierre, and see the fights that laid the path to this show-stealing match.  Prepare for a night of international combat with UFC 58: USA vs. Canada Countdown!"
http://www.ufc.com/

Prediction: GSP and the Ace, victorious

GSP should win, but I have my doubts that loiseau can beat franklin.

One thing though, I hate how the US commercials portray this US vs. Canada UFC. It's like: "Our holy strong fearless UFC warriors fight for the honour of the grand United States of America for the good of freedom blah blah blah blah against Canada." I just don't like how they're so absorbed in their own country.

For those MMA fans out there, any picks/predictions for the UFC 75 card?

I don't know mine yet but...all 3 feature fights should be great.

I am looking forward to seeing Kro Cop and Kongo slug it out myself.

http://75.ufc.com/#home

Live on Spike TV  :D

Tossup for Rampage vs Henderson. I think Bisbing is going to bitchslap Hamil. Cro cop vs Kongo. Too much of an unknown with Kongo, and CroCop is known to have tentative outings after a loss. So I'm firmly on the fence in regards to 2 of the 3 fights! ;D

All in all it should be a very entertaining card. Beer already on ice just waiting!

I was rather disappointed with this UFC. Nothing spectacular happened.

The only thing that mildly amused me was the face that Cro Cop gave when Kongo kneed him in the groin the second time... priceless.

Huge disappointment with both CroCop and Bisbing. CroCop did nothing in his fight and looked like he was terrified to mix it up, Bisbing should buy the 2 judges that gave him the decision a case of whiskey because he didn't do near enough to actually earn the win.

Rampage and Henderson went pretty much as I expected, looks of attempted take-downs, some big punches, but mainly a tactical match. Neither man having total domnation but Rampage did enough to earn the win.

My questions are, What happens to the pride belts now? and What happens to pride fighting?

2 Cdo said:
Bisbing should buy the 2 judges that gave him the decision a case of whiskey because he didn't do near enough to actually earn the win.

Was over at a buddy's place to watch this and since I'm not a big UFC fan, but a professional wrestling stooge, and he loves the UFC we always 'chatter' back and forth.
[my guys are tougher because they can take a chair to the head and still fight ;D]
Anyway to sum up the story, when they announced that desicion I looked at my buddy and said in all seriousness that he could never insult professional wrestling again as the outcome of this fight held the same amount of credibility as a wrestling match.............................and all he could do was nod.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Anyway to sum up the story, when they announced that desicion I looked at my buddy and said in all seriousness that he could never insult professional wrestling again as the outcome of this fight held the same amount of credibility as a wrestling match.............................and all he could do was nod.

It kind of raises some credibility issues, doesn't it?

Yeah that decision was ridiculous in every sense of the word. Hamil had it all from ring control to take downs to striking. I was shocked when Bisping won.

Rampage vs Henderson was a good fight and it was a clear win for Rampage.

How about Houston Alexander eh??? Wow that guy might be the real deal!

No kidding about that decision...  Two judges go one way, while the third is 30-27 for the loser?  I don't know if the camera gets better angles than the judges at octagon-side, but they let the wrong guy win the Bisbing/Hamil match.   :p  I was pretty surprised about Bisbing's comment after the fight, about Hamil being a one style fighters and he should go back to wrestling.  He pretty much out-punched Bisbing for most of the match.

Cro-cop spent more time shuffling backwards than actually fighting...and going to a judge's decision on a belt unification match?  That was pretty sad.  I'd rather see 5-minute rounds until a TKO/Submission, but that probably wouldn't sit with making the sport a little more legit than the old days.

Now hopefully one of these days they'll listen to GSP and run a UFC in Canada...

Back