• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Unable to post response to Tipper Platoons

Gordon Angus Mackinlay

Inactive
Reaction score
Sir,

Over the past two days, I have made three attempts to post a response to the request Tipper Platoons. For some reason it will not find the server!

Any ideas?

Yours,
Jock in Sydney

Jock,

I coulnd‘t re-produce the problem (was able to post to that thread, and delete it). If possible, could you post the exact error message you‘re getting?

Also, are you already logged in when you post, or do you enter your username/password on the "reply" screen?

Thanks

Mr Bobitt,

I was logged in before I commenced posting each time.

I had completed the post, went down to add reply, clicked on. It then commenced sending the message, and froze. The whole screen frozen, then after about a minute, message came up unable to connect to server, and everything wiped.

I had also highlighted and copied the message as I always do, but, on each of the three occasions did not copy!

I think it is just my day‘s for gremlins, because when I opened up as a new post no problems!

Yours,
Jock in Sydney

Jock,

Thanks for the info. Looks like it‘s a problem with the software used for The War Diary. (It‘s not your fault! :) )

The vendor knows about the issue, and is working on a problem. In fact, they‘ve provided a fix already, but I‘m not going to consider it "fixed" until we‘ve gone a few days without the problem.

At any rate, if it happens again (or if anyone else notices problems like this) please let me know so I can try to profile the problem a little better.

Thanks

Back