• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Unit PT - Best Practices

cld617 said:
Removing the requirement for individual testing is silly, group testing has some merit behind it. However there will always be the necessity to ensure all mbrs are doing their part.

I don't advocate removing individual testing, just augment it with more reality based team level tests, which are currently totally absent from our battle fitness training inventory.

As a Royal Marine NCO once told me: "The graveyards are full of people who perfectly met the 'minimum standard'."

Worked for a general once who insisted on weekly road marches for all units because he saw the value due to his wartime experience in Korea.He was almost fanatical about it.I saw him rip into a Captain who had fallen out. Later he was found to have MS.

tomahawk6 said:
Worked for a general once who insisted on weekly road marches for all units because he saw the value due to his wartime experience in Korea.He was almost fanatical about it.I saw him rip into a Captain who had fallen out. Later he was found to have MS.

I lashed into a Royal Marine 2Lt for similar reasons once. He had malaria. We carried on :)

daftandbarmy said:
I lashed into a Royal Marine 2Lt for similar reasons once. He had malaria. We carried on :)

Probably didn't take his prophylaxis as directed . . .  self inflicted . . .  serves him right.

Blackadder1916 said:
Probably didn't take his prophylaxis as directed . . .  self inflicted . . .  serves him right.

He was halfway there... just didn't like diluting his gin.

dapaterson said:
He was halfway there... just didn't like diluting his gin.

Sadly, he was one of our only teetotalers. He'd grown up in Kenya on a gigantic farm.

Old Macdonald had malaria... ee.. I... ee I.. oooooo

Back