• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM) 2019

Ok makes sense. It looks like the very top candidates end up receiving offers very closely following selection boards. Not sure if those also include no-cost move offers.

DRC RENNUG said:
Have any of you successfully applied for ACSO or AEC this year? Hoping you're all enjoying holiday leave!

I applied for ACSO, AEC and MPO, I was successful at ACS, so it's just a waiting game now. Should I assume you've applied as well? I'm curious about the numbers, from what I gathered on my ACS in December, none of the other UTP applicants passed for ACSO. Anyone know how many ACS serials are run in a cycle?

Sorry for slow reply. I have applied for ACSO as well. Not sure how many selections they run in a year. I did my selection in November and was successful. Now just waiting for the board to sit, I believe the CANFORGEN says it sits next week?

Good luck to all of you

I applied for AERE, looks like I have some competition. I'm posted to Moose Jaw and got accepted to University of Regina, if I'm selected will I get posted to Regina or will I be expected to stay in Moose Jaw and commute 70 km each way?

You will get a posting message for the university you applied to. Whether or not that is a cost move though is based on km. I think 50 km is the threshold so I believe you would also be entitled to a cost move but don't quote me on that.

Trackrl said:
I applied for ACSO, AEC and MPO, I was successful at ACS, so it's just a waiting game now. Should I assume you've applied as well? I'm curious about the numbers, from what I gathered on my ACS in December, none of the other UTP applicants passed for ACSO. Anyone know how many ACS serials are run in a cycle?

Hey,

I applied for ACSO as well but through CEOTP not UTP. I have also been wondering how many applicants are out there and how many ACSOs they will be accepting this year through NCM commissioning programs. I guess we will all find out soon enough, let me know if you guys here anything!

I applied pilot through both utp and ceotp. Any others out there? Good luck to all.

ACSO & AEC
UTPNCM

Anyone aware if the boards are actually sitting this week as per the CANFORGEN?

Take care

If past years are any indication of what will happen this year I will say to be patient.

Offers in the May time frame are quite normal. End of March/first of April would be crazy fast for them.

To keep it in perspective, I received my offer in June of my competition year.

The waiting game sucks, but stand by to wait a bit longer.

If you search SIP ACSO or SIP AEC on the defence network home page, you can see the strategic intake plan with the numbers expected for each year. There are 2 ACSO and 4 AEC spots for UTPNCM. I'm not sure about CEOTP though.

Hey guys, just want to give you my advice.

I was accepted last year for the 2018 competition as Log O. All i can say is stay on top of your shit and if you have a good CoC, get them to check in every once in a while, especially when you're approaching the deadline for decisions.

Myself and at least one other case from my squadron had their files lost last year and if we had not been on top of our files, we would have missed the deadlines and not been accepted. By inquiring, we were able to re-send our files just in time for the decision to be made and we both made it in the program.

That's all i have to say.

Cheers.

Thanks for the heads up. I've had multiple issues with my file last year and again this year.

Hopefully everything made it to the boards this year.

Jeez...there are either not very many applicants this year, or people are being very quiet. Let’s hope it was the first :)

Yeah I sure hope that's the case. I also hope they can get messages out as early as possible this year. I'm now sitting on a posting message for this aps, one last F you from my current trade. Not an ideal situation arranging for a move across the country without knowing if I'm actually going or not.

K1tesurf said:
Jeez...there are either not very many applicants this year, or people are being very quiet. Let’s hope it was the first :)

A few members at my unit that had applied for CFR received offers a few weeks ago. Someone else who had applied for the Special Commissioning Plan (SCP) received an offer at the beginning of this week. I don't know of anyone that has heard back from CEOTP or UTP (myself included) as of yet. I know the SCP solicitation msg had said the board was going to sit mid-Feb with offers NLT April. The CEOTP msg said board mid-Mar with offers NLT April. I'm not sure if this means by the beginning or end of April, but I'm hoping for the latter. If it is end April, and the CEOTP/UTP boards take the same amount of time from board-to-offer as the SCP did, then we might be waiting until mid April for a offer :( Hopefully though, the msg means the beginning of April and we all hear back within the next two weeks :)

If anyone hears anything, let us know!

Good day everyone,
Here's some info I have for you that might help you with the process. This is info I gather from different person so it might not be 100% right but close.

First, they are using a new program this year for selection so files shouldn't be lost like it happen last year.
Second, the dates has been moved forward this year since they are using a new program and they wanted to do it quickly this year, however, they are a little bit late on the timing they gave.
Also, some CFR offers came out couple weeks ago. I know some SCP offers came out this week for some trade. From what I've gather, offers for UTP-NCM and CEOTP still in the competition list. So I don't think any offers came out for that yet. More to come.

Cheers

Additional information:

You HAVE to apply to RMC SEPARATELY. Applying to UTPNCM does not mean you are automatically accepted to RMC. You have to treat RMC like any other university you applied for - they require an application just like any uni. In the last couple years, candidates were arriving at RMC on their IPS and realizing (mid july by then) that they have never been accepted into RMC to begin with.

nordi said:
Additional information:

You HAVE to apply to RMC SEPARATELY. Applying to UTPNCM does not mean you are automatically accepted to RMC. You have to treat RMC like any other university you applied for - they require an application just like any uni. In the last couple years, candidates were arriving at RMC on their IPS and realizing (mid july by then) that they have never been accepted into RMC to begin with.

The utpncm offer comes with the place and program of study, how could they have wound up at RMC if they never applied there? They would have had a posting message to whatever university they did apply to. That was more likely a mistake by dpmg with the offer.

Trackrl said:
The utpncm offer comes with the place and program of study, how could they have wound up at RMC if they never applied there? They would have had a posting message to whatever university they did apply to. That was more likely a mistake by dpmg with the offer.

Good point, I meant for those who selected RMC as one of their universities to attend for UTPNCM. So this info only applies for people who selected RMC as a choice, and/or received an offer to study at RMC. On the 2018 UTPNCM application, there was a checkbox confirming whether or not the applicant wishes to attend RMC. Some BPSO's had the impression that ticking that box meant that the UTPNCM process would simply wedge that applicant into a spot at RMC. This is incorrect, RMC has nothing to do with the UTPNCM process.

Ah OK, that makes sense. They changed the whole application form this year. At one time a UTPNCM application was an automatic application to RMC. From what my BPSO told me they don't care as much as they used too if you attend RMC or not. They'd rather you stay in your geographical area to avoid a cost move.

Back