• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Update to Hansol's Guide to BMQ ????

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=geezer

geezer

In the U.K.: A guy, a bloke, a person in general. The British equivalent of the American slang word "dude".

In the U.S.: An old man, particularly one who is either cranky or eccentric. Rather derogatory term.
(UK) "You're looking for Johnny? Yeah, he's that geezer over there in the green coat."

(US) "Old man Anderson keeps yelling at the kids playing outside. That geezer!"

jacksparrow said:
I am 35 and am sure I mentione dthat before. Anyway...if we have any British folks on here, I'll like for them to back up what am about to explain here to you......"Geezer" as a term in the UK, refer to what you guys call "Buddy" here in NA.

You say trunk, I say boot, you say hood, I say bonnet...blah blah blah

So I guess if what you are saying is right, I just insulted myself as well????

I guess some of my terminologies are bound to get me into trouble ther eh?

I apologize if that is indeed what you meant.  It was not implied by the "tone" of the email.

BTW, I'm cranky and eccentric too!  Just not a guy!  Is there a female version of Geezer or is non-gender specific?  ;)

PMedMoe said:
I apologize if that is indeed what you meant.  It was not implied by the "tone" of the email.

BTW, I'm cranky and eccentric too!  Just not a guy!  Is there a female version of Geezer or is non-gender specific?  ;)

There is, a female is known as "bird", in a phrase it goes like this "this is, she or that is my bird". The Aussies use "Sheila".

jacksparrow said:
There is, a female is known as "bird", in a phrase it goes like this "this is, she or that is my bird". The Aussies use "Sheila".

Is that all?  I thought that meant girlfriend or just girl.  Nothing for a cranky "old" lady?  :-\

Let's see........There is also "Rabbit"...........and "old cow"......followed by "old sow".

George Wallace said:
Let's see........There is also "Rabbit"...........and "old cow"......followed by "old sow".

C'mon, George, you know you love me!!  ;)

If those are my choices, I'll take "Rabbit"
2.gif

I didn't think you wanted to hear those from a gentleman like me  ;D

PMedMoe said:
Is that all?  I thought that meant girlfriend or just girl.  Nothing for a cranky "old" lady?   :-\

Damnit. I so wish there wasn't a second page to this post I had such a good chuckle on the first one.... shame to see it all get resolved like that. Am I the only one that didn't look into the fitness requirements or course schedule or anything before I went to St. Jean? They shouldn't tell people what the requirements are until after the first test..... see who has what it takes. Personally I just worked out a lot and watched rambo/saving private ryan over and over again. Thats all the prep you need baby.

Back