• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Update to my situation for those following.

tanman89

Inactive
Reaction score
Well its been over a year now and i am still as dedicated as i was the first day i walked into the RC inquiring about joining the Canadian Forces. As some of you may remember after many hurdles I have over come I came to another one just last month which is probably the biggest one since. It was to my understanding my reliability status was going to be declined and my road has pretty much come to an end until I get a pardon (Now record suspension). I finally received my letter last month stating that yes my reliability status is in question but I am being granted an opportunity to write a letter and provide documents to explain all the circumstances of my past and what i have learned from the mistakes i have made and proof of what i have done to improve. It took alot of hard work tracking down and finding some of the documents and some i cant even get anymore because of the YCJA (which surprised even myself). Anyways I will be sending off the letter this week after i check and double check it is as detailed and thought out as can possibly be and hopfully ultimately be granted reliability status and be eligible for employment within the CF. I feel very privileged to be able to explain to the board about the circumstances and have kind of a second kick at the bucket for getting my reliability status, with the recruiting situation such as it is right now they could've just out right declined me and moved onto the next guy that has a perfect file.

I am writting this not only just to keep people updated and maybe get some feedback, but also for those that keep complaining about waiting or feel just like giving up at the first hurdle. DONT! Stay motivated stay positive and keep doing things to improve yourself and keep trying. There may be many hurdles to jump through like my application but the way i see it if i cant take the time to jump through them why should the CF take its time to train or bother with me at all?

Anyways i will keep everyone posted with the outcome and wish everyone the best with their file. Don't get discouraged and stay positive and anything can happen.

As always thanks to everyone on the forum for their help and support, these forums have been a truly invalueable resource and have been a key tool in helping me overcome some of the hurdles in my file.

Thanks again!

Admire the dedication man, and I'm sure the CF will too. Just keep it up and do everything you can to prove yourself. You're a great example for those around here who throw up their hands and whine when their application for the Infantry sits for 4 months.

Yeah that was really the point i was trying to get across to everyone, STAY MOTIVATED. As well i don't believe alot of members on the forum get the respect they deserve for the knowledge and experience they offer. So i just wanted a chance to hopfully motivate people and say thanks.

Thank you for the kind words as well, hopfully everything works out in the end.

A good point made tanman, I am hoping it all works out for you. A lot of hoops and hurdles to jump through, but hopefully it will come together for you in the end. The ones who whine about not hearing any word from the RC and "it's been a whole 2 weeks" since they sent in their application, really need to sit down and read some of the posts from someone like you that has been down the road, around the bend, and back again many times, still waiting and still hanging in there, yet so positive. Keep up the good attitude, you'll get there!!

Good post!  And I hope it get gets read by everyone... perhaps this should even be stickyed.  I'm several months into the process, but I was under no illusions it would be fast - "hurry up and wait!  :nod:  One can always hope, but you need to realistic too.

I know I want it, and I'm willing to ride out the process as long as it takes.

Those of you who are freaking out after a few weeks... chill out!  Your time will come, as it will for the rest of us.  Be patient, have faith.

Back