• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Update to US Army ACU

• Thread starter MAJOR_Baker
  • Start date
CFL said:
"What good are waist/chest pockets when you are wearing a LBV or body armour?"

Exactly.   Therefor they shouldn't crap on inventive troops how decide to sew their breast pockets onto their sleeves.

You there!!!  Stop Making Sense!!!!  Keep it up, and we shall have no choice but to punish you for exercising common sense.  UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!

I saw (what looked like) an ACU today in a surplus store.  It had a NATO number so forth..  I suppose it looked real enough to me.  But it had the pockets in the traditional places.  Perhaps I saw a trial version.

S_Baker - Can you post some pictures of your new uniform?  I understand the colours have been altered to make it greener than what was originally planned.

It sure doesn't take long for the stuff to hit Ebay does it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ARMY-COMBAT-UNIFORM-ACU-BRAND-NEW-WITH-TAGS_W0QQitemZ8327495584QQcategoryZ313QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

www.rangerjoes.com sells issue ACU uniforms, aswell as lots of other items in ACU.

here is a pic of me and a couple US soldiers.

Good photo to compare colours...

S_Baker said:
I have seen a number of companies that sell knock offs (ranger joes?) but they are not army issue and they don't have glint tape on the shoulders.

The way Ranger Joes talked about their ACUs, I assumed it was issue. Also the glint tape, is it now stetched into the uniform? Or is it still velcro?

If you look on the top center of the sleeve pocket flap, there is a non velcro green strap covering the glint tape underneath.

Armymedic do you mind if I post your picture (the one showing the three different patterns) on another site?

Can anyone who's been issued the ACU tell me if the Velcro on the sleeves comes custom-cut to match unit patches only when issued by each unit? I've seen it on certain uniforms. Or would the Velcro have to be modified after issue?

Also, any regs on this sort of thing?

Maine Finn said:
Thank you, sir. Seeing pics like this one made me a little curious.

Well first of all it's gotta be either fake or a very old picture because the US Army wears the US Flag patches the other way with the blue field toward the front, the rank on the center would not be pinned on but velcroed, and there would be a place for name tapes. Well, that's just a Marine's perspective.

I wouldn't be able to wear them. I got my own digital cammies...MCCUU.

Does anyone have a ACU comparison to Woodland Cammies? MARPAT(MCCUU)? Analogs? I saw the desert pics. Unfortunately, they didn't have the desert MARPAT in them. I'm going to get some ACUs from Fort Benning and test them against the Marine Corps digitals...I will post pictures! Oorah!  :salute:

Marine said:
I wouldn't be able to wear them. I got my own digital cammies...MCCUU.

Does anyone have a ACU comparison to Woodland Cammies? MARPAT(MCCUU)? Analogs? I saw the desert pics. Unfortunately, they didn't have the desert MARPAT in them. I'm going to get some ACUs from Fort Benning and test them against the Marine Corps digitals...I will post pictures! Oorah!  :salute:

Try ebay; seems like ACU is a hot commodity and can be had relatively inexpensively.

I only buy my cammies from the PX or the clothing store...anything else in unauthorized for wear...unless they have the label on the back of the neck that says "made expressely for the United Sates Marine Corps" and has a Marine Corps Emblem... I would expect the Army to do the same type of thing. oorah!

OHara said:
To be quite honest with you... In action with the ACU Combat uniform it isnt as hard to pic up with your eyes as it is with CADPAT... I mean I have a friend in 101st and he says he has trained with Canadians and he is now training with ACU and he said that CADPAT hides you alot better... wat are your thoughts?

Doesn't matter. Olive Drab and CADPAT or anything else for that matter look the same after I leopard crawl through mud and sand.  :p :p :p

Back