• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US AFRC's

bigcletus

Inactive
Reaction score
I searched for this but came up empty.  Does anyone know if we Canucks can use the American Forces Rec Centers, i.e. Garmisch, Orlando, and Hawaii ??  Their terms of Ref basically state otherwise, however sometimes local policies are flexible.

Thanks

Hawaii = No.

You can go there and rent equipment from them ( i have done this a few times) but they will not let you book accommodations.

Thanks..however I see that its quite specific in the FAQ's:

"To be eligible, all NATO personnel must present a AE Form 600-700 (USAREUR Privilege & Identification Card) upon check-in." 

I'm sure that is only for those posted to a NATO installation in Europe.  What I'm looking for basically, is personal experience - e.g. did they allow CF pers from Canada to stay there with a wink and a nod.

Cheers

My experience with American facilities is that although they may not let you book ahead, if you show up and there is space available, they will let you in.  Most often though it seems to depend on what the local commander agrees to.  I know that Canadians in the UK generally have access to all US facilities there (except for duty-free alcohol and tobacco).

Thanks Pusser...yup, that's what I'm looking for "personal experience".

bigcletus said:
Thanks Pusser...yup, that's what I'm looking for "personal experience".

My Hawaii experience was indeed exactly that. i go there several times each year and have tried many times. The answer is always "niet".

lol.  A few years ago I actually phoned them and in Orlando and that was the answer I got.  I'm about to retire (with 2 years) and we'll be doing a bit of travelling, back to Germany etc.  I guess I might have to show up and see what happens. I do know I contacted Patrick AF Base in Cocoa Beach, FL about 2 years ago and was told they do have some rooms available there that we can rent, altho there's a few hoops to jump thru prior.

Back