• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Army Basic Airborne School

M

MAJOR_Baker

SO how many have been to the US Army Basic Airborne School at Ft Benning, GA? Doesn‘t count if you jumped out of an aircraft with or without US equipment/Jumpmaster and were presented wings.

I‘ll start - Me

so thats one...... :p

Not me.

I spent six months at Benning in 1967, but resisted the urge to subject myself to jump school. :)

Any career soldier should probably attend, though. It‘s part of the game.

Jim

Most Canadians receive their US or other (NATO) foreign wings jumping foreign aircraft with foreign equipment and JM/riggers. There is a STANAG on it I do believe.

A much nicer method of being awarded jump wings, as opposed to attending jump school, from my experience.

I actually cannot recall any Canadian Army pers who have attended a foreign jump school. I‘m certain there are some out there, however I would guess at a very low percentage among those who wear foreign wings.

Say heres a question. Later this year Im transfering to reg force infantry. How hard is is to get on the jump course? Obviously Id need a few years of service but its a personal goal of mine. I jump as a civilian all the time and would love to get those wings!!

Sorry to hijack your thread sir. One response is all I ask.

My response in another thread

as for getting into the Jump Coy straight out of MOC training, depends, for example with the infantry, if your on a 3rd Battalion run BIQ, they sometimes offer the jump course(and airborne coy, if theres an opening I assume) to the top canditdate, as for other ways of fast tracking into the airborne, I dunno
Also, on the show TDV, it said it if you apply for the jump course, you could have to wait 2-3 years to get on it

from the TV Show Truth Duty Valor an people in the Military I know

Good enough. 2-3 years is totally reasonable. There is alot of other stuff one has to learn. Thanks again.

Back