• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Navy platformed ‘drag queen influencer’ to attract youth to the military in hiring crisis

@Furniture No, I didn't miss your point, I just think it's only polarizing because opportunistic leaches are turning it into an issue, not because it's new. They also only raised it in May after the program was done, and he was only one person in the program, not the whole program.

Men doing drag performances has a storied history in militaries across the world, so it's actually a tradition at this point. YN2 Kelly isn't doing anything new or groundbreaking in uniform, and is still proudly serving from what I understand.

And frankly if someone finds a dude in a dress is intolerable for someone they are likely too inflexible and easily offended to be of much actual use. How many years of actual service do the senators that signed the letter have?
You keep mentioning the people who brought it up, but ignoring that the knuckle draggers couldn't have brought it up at all if the USN had decided to apply a "Fox News" filter to their thinking, just like the CAF applies the "Globe and Mail" test. How will this look when Fox News decides to talk about it? Not good? Then it's likely not a great idea... As much as you and I may not agree with Fox news, they are still the largest news broadcaster int he US, and they have massive influence, particularly among the demographics historically most likely to join the USN.

Also, you mention the historical drag shows, which if done today would see the CAF destroyed in the media for perpetuating negative stereotypes of women and the LGBTQ2+ community. The system wasn't exactly championing the rights of gay men in the military back then...

You keep mentioning the people who brought it up, but ignoring that the knuckle draggers couldn't have brought it up at all if the USN had decided to apply a "Fox News" filter to their thinking, just like the CAF applies the "Globe and Mail" test. How will this look when Fox News decides to talk about it? Not good? Then it's likely not a great idea... As much as you and I may not agree with Fox news, they are still the largest news broadcaster int he US, and they have massive influence, particularly among the demographics historically most likely to join the USN.

Also, you mention the historical drag shows, which if done today would see the CAF destroyed in the media for perpetuating negative stereotypes of women and the LGBTQ2+ community. The system wasn't exactly championing the rights of gay men in the military back then...
So you want them to go back to 'don't ask, don't tell'? Or apply a 'What Would Fox News Say' everytime they do anything?

This wasn't bringing in an external celebrity to pump up the USN, this was a serving USN member who shared their viewpoint and that they were able to be themselves. And as long as they are competent at their job, who cares? Someone signs up to literally be in the same boat when things go sideways, I don't care what their personal life is if they can do their job.

Worries about combat effectiveness is also hilarious coming from Ted Cruz, who abandoned both his constituents and his dogs to a freezing spell to go to Mexico, that hypocrit can pound sand. I wouldn't trust that guy to have my back in a waterfight, let alone anything real.

PS the CAF has already done this with no big issue.

Back