• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs Harris - Vote Hard with a Vengence

Like bri says.. a small group of one issue voters in a safe state. They won't sway the vote
Well no, I didn’t precisely say that. Abortion rights aren’t a small group of voters. Not by a long shot. What I said - before he reversed himself and made me look like an idiot for giving him a bit of credit - was that he could safely oppose the Florida abortion ban because he has a much safer grasp on those voters. Voting to uphold abortion rights, in the context of the battleground states and the election in general, is much safer electorally for him than voting to further oppress them which is what he now says he’ll do.

With his reversal he’s pandering to a group he already has locked, at the expense support from the moderates on whom this election will turn. I personally think he erred by coming out in support of the six week abortion ban, strictly from a strategic standpoint. Remember that he’s already seen as party to the overturn of Roe v Wade. He has now further cemented that and made himself more directly complicit in the repression of women’s rights. That’s a choice, but I’d argue an unwise one.

Well no, I didn’t precisely say that. Abortion rights aren’t a small group of voters. Not by a long shot. What I said - before he reversed himself and made me look like an idiot for giving him a bit of credit - was that he could safely oppose the Florida abortion ban because he has a much safer grasp on those voters. Voting to uphold abortion rights, in the context of the battleground states and the election in general, is much safer electorally for him than voting to further oppress them which is what he now says he’ll do.

With his reversal he’s pandering to a group he already has locked, at the expense support from the moderates on whom this election will turn. I personally think he erred by coming out in support of the six week abortion ban, strictly from a strategic standpoint. Remember that he’s already seen as party to the overturn of Roe v Wade. He has now further cemented that and made himself more directly complicit in the repression of women’s rights. That’s a choice, but I’d argue an unwise one.
I took the liberty of crunching your narrative into an edible chunk. Didn't mean to put words in your mouth.

If I was Trump, if asked about abortions, I'd tell the questioner to go ask their state rep.

I took the liberty of crunching your narrative into an edible chunk. Didn't mean to put words in your mouth.

If I was Trump, if asked about abortions, I'd tell the questioner to go ask their state rep.
They kids caught him between a rock and a hard place on this one- they were asking how he, as a Florida voter, would vote on a specific proposal that basically boils down to upholding a six week abortion ban, long before most women would know they’re regnant anyway. He took a fairly reasonable position at first - six weeks is too short - but he reversed as soon as social conservatives heated him up for it. He was entering the discussion with what he thought would work politically, not with the intent to stake out and hold any position based on principle or earnest belief.

At least he's willing to answer questions wherever and whenever asked. He doesn't dodge or ignore them. He's not campaigning from a basement.

At least he's willing to answer questions wherever and whenever asked. He doesn't dodge or ignore them. He's not campaigning from a basement.
I’m not sure if the things he says are “answers”, specifically.

If he did actually answer the questions instead of making word salad via mad libs (heh), then a lot of the issues around him would be moot.

Jesus Christ, Fishbone, stop believe at face value every bit of BS the right-wing media is spewing out. Go look it up. While she has only done one formal interview, there have been a ton of occasions where she has answered questions; when leaving rallies, during visit to local places on the campaign tour, etc.

Campaigning from "the basement"? Her and Tampon Tim have been on the road non-stop visiting everywhere!

I’m not sure if the things he says are “answers”, specifically.

If he did actually answer the questions instead of making word salad via mad libs (heh), then a lot of the issues around him would be moot.
Yea, "answering", and "answering the question", are two different things.

Trump has the first one down pat; the other one... not so much.

Jesus Christ, Fishbone, stop believe at face value every bit of BS the right-wing media is spewing out. Go look it up. While she has only done one formal interview, there have been a ton of occasions where she has answered questions; when leaving rallies, during visit to local places on the campaign tour, etc.

Campaigning from "the basement"? Her and Tampon Tim have been on the road non-stop visiting everywhere!
Well obviously those were planted! 🤣

Also, it’s interesting that Tampon Tim is used as a pejorative. It’s not going to change the bases, but the swing voters will be reminded that he (as Gov of MN) provided free access to those for women.

I imagine that demographically, half of those voters would be women so I think that the GOP bringing it up at every opportunity isn’t the insult they think it is.

"tampon Tim" is insulting, disrespectful and downright idiotic. The shitty name calling needs to stop (including such things as Turdeau, Trudope etc)
Yes, and also why I don’t write (or say) PP when referring to Poilievre. I will take the extra time to do that.

The stuff people believe...

A lot of people believed Biden was in good shape right up until "debate night".

A lot of people believed Harris was one of the weakest primary candidates in 2020, that the administration essentially sidelined her as an embarrassment, and that they could improve Biden's chances of re-election if Harris were replaced on the ticket. That lasted right up until the moment Biden had to be suddenly replaced.

Some churn within the GOP?

The main post referred to in the article:

Some churn within the GOP?

The main post referred to in the article:

Every time he speaks… 🤦

Back