• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs Harris - Vote Hard with a Vengence

It's hilarious the various callsigns on this forum mocking a guy like Elon Musk. Have you considered your contribution to humankind and your personal successes in that analysis by comparison?

On another note; according to CNN the hype for Harris may not be as it is portrayed after all. Of course one must take anything CNN says with a grain of salt.

It's hilarious the various callsigns on this forum mocking a guy like Elon Musk. Have you considered your contribution to humankind and your personal successes in that analysis by comparison?
THAT is your barometer for critique? How about you eat your own words and do the same. It would likely mean never hearing from you ever again on anything.

FFS that’s funny 😆

On another note; according to CNN the hype for Harris may not be as it is portrayed after all. Of course one must take anything CNN says with a grain of salt.

Wasn't Trump 10 points behind Clinton going into the 2020 election date?

Wasn't Trump 10 points behind Clinton going into the 2020 election date?

It is hard to say how accurate polls are or will be. One thing widespread mail-in-voting has impacted is the validity of exit polls.

"according to CNN"?

I'm assuming that you came across this clip within the past day or two as it seems to have started being reposted about 18 hours ago on many MAGA/GOP friendly sites. I only looked into it as I was interested in what was said before and after the quick blurb by Ryan Girduksy (I didn't know of his existence before seeing that clip) that happened on 12 Sep (12 days ago), which was later isolated and used by FOX (don't know when they ran their coverage of that few seconds) or how they characterized it.

So, "according to a former Vance staffer who was likely engaged as the counterpoint commentator on a CNN political opinion show 12 days ago and without context of the entire discussion was excerpted and broadcast by FOX News" the hype for Harris . . . yada yada.

I think you can save your grain of salt.

Oh well, there you go. Is what he said true or false?

I don't know because I haven't been able to find the entire discussion. That's the problem with these bullshit seconds long blurbs; they are not meant to inform, they're there to increase clicks or aggravate/encourage those who already ascribe to or oppose a certain point of view. Context matters.

You're the one who posted this shit, it's on you to either defend it or accept that you don't know what you're talking about.

I'm leaning on true based on other factors not discussed in that clip. I won't go digging, though. If it upsets you so much - and it clearly does - feel free to spend your time on it.

Fight the sources if that's how you cope. However, Van Jones is one of the few partisan Democrats willing to openly tell inconvenient truths. Harry Enten, who appears fairly often on CNN, doesn't try to spin his interpretations of polls and forecasting models to soothe Democratic jitters. Nate Silver is more interested in producing reliable forecasting models than he is in pushing Democratic fortunes, and he does push Democratic fortunes, so it's reasonable to conclude he doesn't fix bias into his models. And the RCP polling average was one of the closer "models" the past couple of times out, and they are publishing a "This Day In History" feature where you can check this year's polls against what the same date polling averages were in 2016 and 2020.

Unless the polling agencies have fixed their D+X biases, Harris is in trouble. That's why they're trying to goad Trump into another panel interview debate. They probably also are looking for another "bump" opportunity. Harris's poll numbers are in the same region where Biden's were before his debate, and he was considered by his own people to already be losing then. All of the happy-happy-joy-joy improved Democratic fortunes only with respect to the drop after Biden's debate. They've been wasting time huffing their own farts instead of taking the risk of having Harris talk to undecided voters about something more concrete than aspirations.

They've been wasting time huffing their own farts instead of taking the risk of having Harris talk to undecided voters about something more concrete than aspirations.
Until the candidate is in office, what can be more concrete than “I will do XYZ”? Isn’t that what Trump is saying?

And last I checked, Harris is not currently the POTUS. Her talking about she did as VPOTUS is one thing, but those are two different functions. Otherwise why have the position of VP at all if they’re just mimicking what POTUS does?

For a military (well, navy) analogy, the XO and the CO do not have the same jobs.

Musk is an almost stereotypical “you die a hero, or you live long enough to be the villain” situation.

His superpower was having money.

Back