• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs Harris - Vote Hard with a Vengence

Until the candidate is in office, what can be more concrete than “I will do XYZ”? Isn’t that what Trump is saying?

And last I checked, Harris is not currently the POTUS. Her talking about she did as VPOTUS is one thing, but those are two different functions. Otherwise why have the position of VP at all if they’re just mimicking what POTUS does?

For a military (well, navy) analogy, the XO and the CO do not have the same jobs.
Just like the XO has influence on the CO the VP does have influence on the POTUS. Just like the XO has specific tasks as VP she had specific tasks. If she handled the tasks a certain way as VP why expect it to be different as POTUS? If she made specific comments as VP and now makes different comments which do you believe as truth (if any) and which is the lie?
Musk is an almost stereotypical “you die a hero, or you live long enough to be the villain” situation.

His superpower was having money.
I tend to think his superpower is to bring together the right people to accomplish the goals he sets for them in accomplishing the visions he has while increasing his monetary value. He didn't start out rich to the level he has reached.

I tend to think his superpower is to bring together the right people to accomplish the goals he sets for them in accomplishing the visions he has while increasing his monetary value. He didn't start out rich to the level he has reached.
I think his superpower is being able to identify opportunities and exploit them and making business decisions when the timing is right.

His considerable family wealth (est at about 100million in his youth) certainly gave him the capital and ability to act in these decisions.

A longshot, considering that most holding positions in the Ohio criminal prosecution hierarchy are GOP.

A longshot, considering that most holding positions in the Ohio criminal prosecution hierarchy are GOP.

I suspect that will go nowhere fast.

Musk is an almost stereotypical “you die a hero, or you live long enough to be the villain” situation.

His superpower was having money.

I think his superpower is being able to identify opportunities and exploit them and making business decisions when the timing is right.

His considerable family wealth (est at about 100million in his youth) certainly gave him the capital and ability to act in these decisions.

One thing Musk does is cut the fat. The layers of bureaucracy that seem to build upon themselves in any hierarchical institution. That and not being afraid of failure. This approach isnt really radical for small businesses. Witness the firing of all the people of twitter. Now admittedly its maybe not working quite as well as before but that it is working at all is a minor miracle. It seems almost inconceivable to have that many people around that were not productive

One thing Musk does is cut the fat. The layers of bureaucracy that seem to build upon themselves in any hierarchical institution. That and not being afraid of failure. This approach isnt really radical for small businesses. Witness the firing of all the people of twitter. Now admittedly its maybe not working quite as well as before but that it is working at all is a minor miracle. It seems almost inconceivable to have that many people around that were not productive

1727295998059.png

I'm sure there were some low producing people in that, but by and large it was people involved in the government sponsored censorship program that he kicked to the curb.

You are being generous about how well Twitter is working.

Maybe he has a grand plan.

Him backing down with the dust up with Brasil is also a good indicator…

You are being generous about how well Twitter is working.

Maybe he has a grand plan.

Him backing down with the dust up with Brasil is also a good indicator…
“Backing down” is a nice way of saying he completely caved.

Twitter is an absolute cesspool of hate speech and advocating violence these days. If it were still a public company its value would have plummeted from advertisers fleeing it. Not many brands want their breakfast cereal or app to be advertised next to blatant racial and religious slurs.

Doesn’t look like Trump will be meeting Zelensky.

And this seems like a first draft of what a Trump administration’s stance on Ukraine might look like.

And this seems like a first draft of what a Trump administration’s stance on Ukraine might look like.

At this point why would he? Trump has made his policy of abandonment clear. Why legitimize a candidate who would bargain away your sovereignty and appease your enemy for his own gain?

Greatcoats on, greatcoats off?

NEW YORK — Donald Trump said he will visit with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Friday for their first meeting since 2019, as Zelensky appeals to U.S. politicians for continued American aid against Russia’s invasion.

Trump said at a news conference that he plans to meet with Zelensky around 9:45 a.m. at Trump Tower. A person familiar with Zelensky’s schedule confirmed the meeting, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive diplomatic encounter.
. . .

It will be interesting to see if a meeting actually happens. At this stage, it would be hard to say who would benefit the most.

Back