• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs ??? - Vote Hard with a Vengence

Apologies for things like this are useless pandering without real, tangible consequences to the agents involved.
Agreed. Somebody decided to do something illegal, and there should be consequences for it for whoever made that decision. There could also be some minor damages for the tort of trespass.

FACT CHECK: Harris was Biden’s second 'border czar,' despite recent media claims​

(The Center Square) – As Vice President Kamala Harris began campaigning to become the next Democratic presidential nominee, media outlets started claiming she was never President Joe Biden’s border czar.

The claims are verifiably false.
In interests of clarity (not bias), The Center Square is a conservative news outlet - the MSN tag is that MSN is the aggregator (like Yahoo) that it appears on.

I would expect some compensation would be in order. I’m sure she is being approached by various “helpful” lawyers.
That has nothing to do with addressing the root problem though. There was an Agent in Charge, then there were those agents that carried out the orders without question. That is a fundamental breakdown in the private citizens civil rights by the government and agency that is supposed to protect those rights. You don't throw money at something like this to make it go away. You publicly address the problem and show the citizens that this stuff won't be tolerated. Paying someone off with their own taxes doesn't cut it.

Edit - it is contrary to the third amendment Third Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia Also, under Massachusetts law the people involved can be arrested for trespass and possibly break and enter.

Last edited:
That has nothing to do with addressing the root problem though. There was an Agent in Charge, then there were those agents that carried out the orders without question. That is a fundamental breakdown in the private citizens civil rights by the government and agency that is supposed to protect those rights. You don't throw money at something like this to make it go away. You publicly address the problem and show the citizens that this stuff won't be tolerated. Paying someone off with their own taxes doesn't cut it.
Not disagreeing with you. Just stating what the likely outcome will be.

Link -

FACT CHECK: Harris was Biden’s second 'border czar,' despite recent media claims​

(The Center Square) – As Vice President Kamala Harris began campaigning to become the next Democratic presidential nominee, media outlets started claiming she was never President Joe Biden’s border czar.

The claims are verifiably false.
I generally trust what comes from Reuters. They also have both journalists who researched and wrote the article with their credentials. It’s up to you to accept what they reported and their facts or not. What they presented reinforces my view that she was not in fact the “Border Czar” that the GOP is labelling her with. The article explains it succinctly that her record on the border is in fact complicated.

She can certainly be judged on her successes and failures on the border as an issue but there is no need to invent a job or title she never had.

Regardless of the red v blue stances on it, the US is in a spot where if they were to actually deport the undocumented people, the net effect wouldn’t be what the GOP supporters would want.

They are doing the jobs that the “regular” Americans don’t want to do, in likely crappier circumstances than they would put up with. If they’re gone, everything would be more expensive and slower - due to lack of people doing the jobs. Similarly, we could stop TFWs in Canada and have Canadians do the crop-picking, Tim Hortons coffee-slinging, etc jobs that they’re doing now. But would they?

Part of me (comfortably at a remove from this situation) almost wants the GOP to win and implement their policy just to see how bad it gets, and like 2016-2020, having a decent chunk of the GOP supporters Pikachu-face that things were not, in fact, getting better.

And at risk of re-opening the “everyone’s out to get Trump” can of worms again, at the very least, “convicted felon still running for presidency” would…um…trump the suggestion that he is “imperfect”.

How would you characterize Walz's impaired driving conviction?

That wasn’t the conviction. He was convicted of Reckless Driving. Yes, it was a plea deal.

He also took full responsibility.

he also offered to resign from his teacher position but his principal convinced him to stay.

He hasn’t once denied he was impaired.

If anything Walz’s imperfections have been recognized by Walz himself. Trump? Not so much.

That wasn’t the conviction. He was convicted of Reckless Driving. Yes, it was a plea deal.

He also took full responsibility.

he also offered to resign from his teacher position but his principal convinced him to stay.

He hasn’t once denied he was impaired.

If anything Walz’s imperfections have been recognized by Walz himself. Trump? Not so much.

So in summary Walz was an actual danger to the public while Trump's "crime" was a paper crime concocted by DNC lawfare, which legal scholars on both sides of the aisle agree is bullshit, that has not yet made it through all court avenues. Got it.

Too bad everyone didn't get the impair plea deal, hey? Or is that just reserved for democrats?

Edit - it is contrary to the third amendment Third Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia Also, under Massachusetts law the people involved can be arrested for trespass and possibly break and enter.
Let’s not pretend for a second that a protectee has anything to do with the operational and logistical planning of their protective detail, or any fuckery that ensues in the course of actually carrying that out. Protective operations are carried out with the least possible involvement from the protectee. This would be more suited to the ongoing police misconduct thread that the election one.

For the sake of accuracy, it was a misdemeanour conviction for reckless driving, pled down from impaired. It was a couple decades ago. He’s responsible for his choices, and his guilty plea recognizes that. It appears that he’s kept his nose clean since, so that appears to be the system working.

I loathe impaired driving, and I got awards from MADD two years running for the number of charges I laid, so I have no sympathy for that category of offence. I also recognize that individuals are able to take accountability for their behaviour and correct it. Given his clean conduct and extensive public service since then, it’s not something that would still trouble me.

How would you characterize it, out of curiosity? Is felonious or other criminal conduct concerning for you in a political candidate?

Too bad everyone didn't get the impair plea deal, hey? Or is that just reserved for democrats?

Ah yes, clearly when a 31 year old school teacher in rural America gets a plea deal, it's due to political favouritism for when he runs for VP 29 years later. God damn the deep state is organized, no wonder they were able to fail Trump's totally realistic and achievable legislative agenda!

Do you hear yourself?

So in summary Walz was an actual danger to the public while Trump's "crime" was a paper crime concocted by DNC lawfare, which legal scholars on both sides of the aisle agree is bullshit, that has not yet made it through all court avenues. Got it.

You are free to indulge in whatever creative writing you feel you can from what I wrote. I’ll just keep telling you that you should probably actually read what I wrote.

I said nothing of the sort and your “summary” is just a fiction you decided to interpret badly to make a point that was not in question.

If you would like clarification on what I wrote and the meaning behind it I am happy to oblige.

Ah yes, clearly when a 31 year old school teacher in rural America gets a plea deal, it's due to political favouritism for when he runs for VP 29 years later. God damn the deep state is organized, no wonder they were able to fail Trump's totally realistic and achievable legislative agenda!

Do you hear yourself?
I’ve heard about “deep select” but that is some next-level deep selection :ROFLMAO:

Back