• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs ??? - Vote Hard with a Vengence

Straight from The Art of the Deal. Always stay on top.

Harris stole Trump’s No Tax on Tips, trying to take credit for the idea and nullify Trump's campaign promise.

Trump just upped the stakes by promising to remove taxes from social security checks.

No we watch and see if Harris takes the bait.

Link - MSN

I think I made it pretty clear that I really don't care about their leanings. Especially if it is an opinion piece.
Yes but that’s not my point.

My point is that one should also see the leaning from the folks who write those articles/reports and take that into consideration too, like what people (should) do with news and any info. Some will be right, some will be left, some will be centre. So, they’ll say things to further their side, because those are the folks paying them.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Absolutely.

But - in general for folks on social media and elsewhere ending with “just my opinion” to stop criticism - just because everyone is entitled to their opinion doesn’t mean that they aren’t immune to criticism of their opinion.

Yes but that’s not my point.

My point is that one should also see the leaning from the folks who write those articles/reports and take that into consideration too, like what people (should) do with news and any info. Some will be right, some will be left, some will be centre. So, they’ll say things to further their side, because those are the folks paying them.

Absolutely.

But - in general for folks on social media and elsewhere ending with “just my opinion” to stop criticism - just because everyone is entitled to their opinion doesn’t mean that they aren’t immune to criticism of their opinion.

I saw what you did there.😉

I've never shied away from defending my position/opinion. Perhaps I should just say, I've tired of going in circles, getting dragged into the weeds over minutiae that doesn't apply to the point/ doesn’t matter. Or any other multitude of stuff, when I've got nothing left to say. Some people on ignore get more attention than I'm willing to continue with. Their opinion may differ, but at that point I see no sense in continuing because I no longer care to discuss that topic. I'm not bound by convention to participate just because other want to continue beating the bush.

Straight from The Art of the Deal. Always stay on top.

Harris stole Trump’s No Tax on Tips, trying to take credit for the idea and nullify Trump's campaign promise.

Trump just upped the stakes by promising to remove taxes from social security checks.

No we watch and see if Harris takes the bait.
These are all terrible economic/fiscal policy ideas, and there will be more.

Tariffs are taxes on your own people, but the Biden administration has essentially taken up a position not much different from Trump's, so Americans are screwed on that one.

Neither candidate appears willing to tackle social security funding sustainability.

If "tips" are tax-advantaged, watch how fast a whole bunch of people move to "tips"-based income. Even if someone were foolish enough to pass such a bill, they'd have to undo it pretty quickly.

Neither candidate is showing any sensibility on closing the deficit, which certainly can't be done by exempting kinds of income from taxation.

Harris has filed another claim on "really big stupid" by proposing price controls on some kinds of groceries.

Back