• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

USA Drafting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah - except for the part about illegal aliens - since they CAN‘T join the US Military

:rolleyes:

NO, Analogy‘s are interesting if there is some kind of point, if not than they waste the bandwidth for no reason. Come up with a point.

Originally posted by Bruce Monkhouse:
[qb] nULL
Before you go mouthing off to the good Major about bills, go check how many [and stupid] private members bills get read in our system.
They mean nothing except getting the person responsible some air time. [/qb]
Is every rebuttal mouthing off?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A36265-2004Apr23.html

Some good bits:

It‘s become a daily question to White House press secretary Scott McClellan: Does the president support a return to the military draft?

And here‘s what McClellan says: "That is just not something that‘s under consideration at this time."

Similarly, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld told newspaper executives yesterday that a draft "is not useful to do at the present time."

However...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A32752-2004Apr21.html

Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-Neb.), a Vietnam War veteran and an influential member of the Foreign Relations Committee, wants the United States to consider reviving the draft as part of a broader effort to ensure that all Americans "bear some responsibility" and "pay some price" in defending the nation‘s interests.

At a committee hearing Tuesday and in subsequent interviews, Hagel said he is not advocating reinstatement of the draft, although he added that he is "not so sure that isn‘t a bad idea."

Does something said at a committee hearing from a Republican carry more weight than a bill from a Democrat?

Something to think of, at least.

nULL, No every rebuttal is not mouthing off, but maybe you should reread your post."At the time, I heard that meant something" This is not a rebuttal, but a condencending comment from a snot-nosed little univ. student to someone who has BTDT. If you had just given a rebuttal to our American friend I would have been more than happy to [re]butt[al] out.

Wow, see, I thought you‘d have pointed out the "now, i don‘t know how much you know about American politics" as being the condescending comment. :)

"At the time, I heard that meant something" was something I‘d say again. Wasn‘t it after the Korean war that people started to complain that the criteria for medals was lowered too far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back