• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Valcartier Thread- Merged

Loadmaster

Inactive
Reaction score
I am curious to know how much the average cost of heat and lights are for the PMQ's in Valcartier (duplex 3-4) and (Row house 3-4) are per month and what size the front and backyards are like.

Thanking anyone with info in advance.

R22eR anyone from that regiment? How is Valcartier and how far is it from MTL or QC, hows the training, life, etc..? :cdn:

It is about a half hour North of Quebec city, near Shannon, Quebec.

Never been posted to Valcartier myself, but I'm born in Quebec city.

I'd say more 20 minutes from Quebec. It is not a remote area in the middle of nowhere. Of course, it's better to own a car, but the bus stops at the main gate anyway.
From there, you get everything you wish (restos, nightlife, shopping malls...).

Remember that Valcartier houses a brigade, so the training should be ok (IMHO).

Montreal is 3 hours away though. You can go if you want to watch a hockey game (NHL), but besides that...

JohnnySav said:
R22eR anyone from that regiment? How is Valcartier and how far is it from MTL or QC, hows the training, life, etc..? :cdn:
Valcartier is a 20-min drive from Québec City, with a highway leading right to it. As mentionned in a previous post, it's about a 3-hour drive to Montréal. The base has everything you may expect of a modern Military installation, and the trg area is outstanding, though not very large. Life here is very good, whether you are single or with a family.
The R22eR is an Infantry Regt... what else do you want to know ??

Im in the same boat, Im trying to budget, so the average cost of heating, electricity, and other services would be wonderful.

you might try this thread

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/22115.0/all.html?PHPSESSID=8d459edfabc7e6097fab863293464773

try using the search engine..... you remember the info you are looking for when you do your own research

Chimo!

Back