• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Vancouver Olympics

I seriously doubt that the majority of CF members will see ANY of the olympic events.  They'll be guarding loading docks, watching gates, watching radar screens, manning OP's on hilltops, and sitting on 5-10 minutes NTM in the background, not standing around watching the games.

Paramedtech is right on the money. CF members just need to speak to those who were deployed for the G8 in Alberta, APEC in Vancouver or the Commonwealth Games for that matter to get an Idea of what tasks and roles the CF and Law Enforcement will fill during 2010.

As far as kicking the RCMP out of the PRTC in Chilliwack, that ain't going to happen. The base has been parceled off to a bunch of different organizations, with the RCMP taking the lions share. The CF still utilizes the facilities during the year and for summer training anyway. The base would be an excellent site for work up training or as a staging area for certain units to use during the olympic period .

Noneck

ParaMedTech said:
I seriously doubt that the majority of CF members will see ANY of the olympic events.  They'll be guarding loading docks, watching gates, watching radar screens, manning OP's on hilltops, and sitting on 5-10 minutes NTM in the background, not standing around watching the games.

I'll have a birds eye view of everything......some days, I mean all days ;D, it pays to be in the Air Force.

The CF still utilizes the facilities during the year and for summer training anyway. The base would be an excellent site for work up training or as a staging area for certain units to use during the olympic period .

my poor grasp of diplomatic wording escapes me at times, that is what I meant, punt out the RCMP and other OGD's (aside from the Med Tech QL5 JIBC students of course it is a carreer course after all) for the duration and use it exatly as that a staging area, even if they set up a tent city for the period leading up to it, minor inconvienience to alot for a month or two then after the olympics everybody goes home and the base goes back to normal

I'll have a birds eye view of everything......some days, I mean all days , it pays to be in the Air Force

not sure how good your view will be of the hockey game, considering its indoors.  i'd rather be on the ground thanks.

SF2 said:
not sure how good your view will be of the hockey game, considering its indoors.  i'd rather be on the ground thanks.

One of the pitfalls, granted, but I doubt many on the ground will have a view of the hockey games either. But either way, it's going to be a blast....boring most of the time but will beat being in Wainwright or wherever.

Back