• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Verifying ID Cards

TuffBncr

Inactive
Reaction score
Howdy!

I'm the head bouncer at a club that I work at and we have recently had a lot of people showing up with their military ID's as age verification. See the problem is, even though as a licensed club we get access to a "Bar Book" for verifying ID's (essentially contains images of all the security features of different US and Canadian Identification Cards), the purple and grey bordered "National Defense" cards aren't listed in the book. I was hoping since you guys actually have them, is there any way you can let me know what info I should be looking for on the cards, or any holograms/UV designs I should be instructing my bouncers to check for? I've had to start turning people away just due to the fact that we couldn't fully verify the authenticity of the cards. My brother used to serve in the Reg force as an Engineer and told me here was the best place to ask for help.

Cheers,

-Brian

There are six holographic images on each side (all the same).  They are circular with what looks like a series of profiles of a person (gradually growing bigger from left to right).  Around the outer circle it says "NATIONAL DEFENCE IDENTIFICATION SERVICES" (and the same thing in French) and in the inner circle it says "SERVITIUM NULLI SECUNDUS."

I believe the purple bordered ones are the temporary issue ones.  Not sure they have any security features on them. 

Remius said:
I believe the purple bordered ones are the temporary issue ones.  Not sure they have any security features on them.

I seem to remember a single "holographic" image on my old one.

Hopefully someone who is more familiar with them will be able to chime in.

TuffBncr said:
I saw that actually, the problem is, I can't read the text on the back. Can anyone tell me what it is supposed to have on the back of the permanent ID card?

The Purple one is a temporary ID (NDI 10)

The back has the members DOB, height, weight, eye colour, hair colour, sex, etc. and their signature.

The Grey one is the permanent ID (NDI 20)

The back has the members date of birth, signature and blood type.

George Wallace said:
The Purple one is a temporary ID (NDI 10)

The back has the members DOB, height, weight, eye colour, hair colour, sex, etc. and their signature.

The Grey one is the permanent ID (NDI 20)

The back has the members date of birth, signature, Svc Number, Sex,and blood type,

The corrections and corrections to corrections regarding the information on our I Cards leads me to one conclusion:

Few of us here would qualify as bouncers.

Loachman said:
The corrections and corrections to corrections regarding the information on our I Cards leads me to one conclusion:

Few of us here would qualify as bouncers.
Correct Info management is important n'est ce pas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RocketRichard said:
Correction, the back has Serial number, Svc number is on the front.

My NDI 20 has service and serial number on the back....

NFLD Sapper said:
My NDI 20 has service and serial number on the back....
Ack you are correct. I was speaking about NDI 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flavus101 said:
I seem to remember a single "holographic" image on my old one.

Hopefully someone who is more familiar with them will be able to chime in.
Yes the NDI10 (temp) [aka purple card] has a single holographic image on the outer shell, because it's up to the unit laminating the card sometimes the image is on the back and sometimes it's on the front of the card but as long as the unit is using the issued shells then there is the image.  If there is no image than the unit is not using the shells issued by the ID Section. I was the issuing authority for various units in my career for the temp ID cards (from around 2003 until 2016 with a few breaks)...

Back