• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Vibe" of CIS-White men [Road Split from: Sexual Misconduct in the CAF

What does their ability to articulate themselves have to do with their ability to investigate? To me it’s perfectly reasonable that an MP could conduct a thorough investigation and present a logical case but be unable to reduce it to writing. They’re completely different skill sets.
Different skills sets but both are required. If you can't accurately record and articulate your grounds, findings, conclusions, statements (not all enjoy the benefit of being recorded) then the fruits of the investigation may be lost. The prosecution presents the case, based on the written Crown Brief provided.

The days of 'may I refer to my notes to refresh my memory' are pretty much gone. Now, if it wasn't recorded, it didn't happen.

Last edited:
Are you reading the comments.
I don’t see anyone here suggesting that there are no issues.
And I'm also not suggesting that anyone else suggested there are no issues.

No, what I mean is, privilege blinds us to the plight of others who lack it.
Hmm.

Privilege may cause individuals to be blind to the plight of others - but it does not mean that all those that have been afforded privilege will automatically be blind to the plight of others.

It is possible to be "privileged" and be aware of the plight of others.

Hmm.

Privilege may cause individuals to be blind to the plight of others - but it does not mean that all those that have been afforded privilege will automatically be blind to the plight of others.

Empathy.

Hmm.

Follow on thought.

I am successful by most metrics, and enjoy some of the privileges that go with that. I am also an immigrant.

Am I a privileged immigrant, or an immigrant who is privileged?

Does my privilege derive from being an immigrant or is it just that I am an immigrant who has earned some privilege?

Privilege is just whatever the dominant culture is. When in Rome, do as the Romans. The ideas of our society are not only for white men and the ideas are worth adopting.

I'll re-iterate: I wasn't commenting on whether or not all white people are privileged, whether or not privilege blinds everyone, or whether people on here are in fact privileged white people. All I said was, people on here were creating a "privileged white person" vibe. Privileged white people often can't understand the plight of, for example, black people, because white people, no matter how honest and enlightened, did not share in the same experiences as those black people. So, they talk and act in ways that are incorrect, and sometime even detrimental, vis a vis certain issues, even if they aren't trying to be malign.

That is the "privileged white person" vibe I am referring to. People discussing and saying things about the victim of sexual assault that clearly show they have no real appreciation of her plight.

I'll re-iterate: I wasn't commenting on whether or not all white people are privileged, whether or not privilege blinds everyone, or whether people on here are in fact privileged white people. All I said was, people on here were creating a "privileged white person" vibe. Privileged white people often can't understand the plight of, for example, black people, because white people, no matter how honest and enlightened, did not share in the same experiences as those black people. So, they talk and act in ways that are incorrect, and sometime even detrimental, vis a vis certain issues, even if they aren't trying to be malign.

That is the "privileged white person" vibe I am referring to. People discussing and saying things about the victim of sexual assault that clearly show they have no real appreciation of her plight.
You are reaching exceedingly far on that last little tidbit.

I’m still trying to figure out the Fortin issue.
Seem
Like the agreed facts are; She jerked him off while he fondled her.
I don’t understand how someone can be forced to give a handjob. I mean if she didn’t want to she had the very tool in her hand to stop it….
This you?

If you can't understand how someone can be forced to do something sexually (or other actions for that matter), then you may not understand how you that lack of understanding can create a "vibe".

Back