• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Vision Requirements

nsmedicman

Inactive
Reaction score
Just curious what the present vision requirements are for the RCMP. I have searched on here and a few other places, and I am unable to find what the requirement is.

The best answer I can give, based on my own past (2002) experience, is correctable to 20/30.  Unfortunately, I can't recall any more specifics.

nsmedicman,

my apologies if you've found the information in the meantime, making this post redundant.

From the RCMP recruiting medical/health assessment webpage http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/recruiting/medical_e.htm:

Uncorrected (without eyewear and without squinting): 6/18 (20/60) in each eye, or 6/12 (20/40) in one eye and up to 6/30 (20/100) in the other.
Corrected (with eyewear): 6/6 (20/20) in one eye and up to 6/9 (20/30) in the other.
Colour vision testing: You will be tested using any standardized Pseudo-Isochromatic plates (Ishihara, A-O, HRR, Dvorine). If you correctly identify all patterns presented in such tests, your colour-vision will be considered “normal”.

Hope this helps...

however, if you do not meet the standardsyou are allowed to have laser eye surgery.  My cousin did before he joined, however I would still talk with an RCMP recruiter before doing anything

bdog said:
however, if you do not meet the standardsyou are allowed to have laser eye surgery.  My cousin did before he joined, however I would still talk with an RCMP recruiter before doing anything

You're allowed to have lasik, pending a note from the doctor that administers your eye exam. You have to make sure the RCMP are aware of this, and you'll have to get the lasik done. Not everyone can have lasik done, and results have to meet requirements after a waiting period of three months are up.

I think this is falling on deaf ears though, the thread is relatively old.

Back