• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Voluntary Release update

cjette1

Inactive
Reaction score
Wasn't too sure where to post this, but here's a little update.

As of yesterday, the CF will no longer pay certain fees if you decide to VR (voluntary release) during basic. The following applies to anybody over the age of 18: if you should decide to VR after beginning basic you will need to arrange and pay for your own way home. And as of the moment you sign the VR paperwork the CF will no longer pay to store your belongings. For example: if you VR one day but don't get released until 4 weeks later, you will need to sort those four weeks out yourself (including any expenses). If you lack the funds to cover any of the mentioned costs, you will stay here doing various tasks to earn the money.

Just thought I'd let everybody know. Just found out yesterday. Again, this info only applies to recruits over the age of 18.

Cheers

Does that apply to everyone or just the people who want to go home?  What about say someone who doesn't wish to release but is medically recommended to for various reasons? For example.  One guy had a heart attack I know of, then it was discovered he had a heart Murmur... Nothing you can do.  He released but probably shouldn't get stuck flipping the bill.

It was pretty abrupt. When I was on PAR they just told us all to stand in the hall and that we had to pay our own way home (thankfully al of us had our paperwork processed just before and had our golden tickets so we didnt have to pay our way home. They didnt really elaborate on medical releases or anything. The SGT said he would try to work things out in that circumstances but even the staff didnt really have answers at that time. This being there weeks ago

Back