• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VOR File Lost...What to do?

Clarkey

Inactive
Reaction score
Good Day All,

So here is the situation, Before completing my 3's I completed a VOR application. It was approved by my COC, the BPSO, OC & CO. When the offers started coming out end Feb-Mar 09, I started to inquire about my application.

Was first told by DMCA that they had nothing on file for me! Then after some more inquiries they have found a partial file with parts missing. More inquires have shown that the file was sent from my previous base complete by purolator with all proper signatures. However DMCA does not have a complete file. Was told that if all parts were found that they would hold another selection board. However me & my COC cannot track them down.

I know I should have kept copies, however after my interview with the BPSO, It was passed for the remaining signatures and it never fell back into my hands.

Just wondering if anyone out there have any advice on this type of situation or how I could track this file down?

Thanks Alot,
Clarkey

Ha, I wish it was just that. No, It was a Voluntary Occupation Reassignment. THey told me it couldn't be filed as a VOT due to the fact that I wasn't 3's qualified.

Clarkey

DMCA is supposed to have streamlined their process and be processing people through within a 4 to 6 week timeframe. 

Clarky...
You can either wait for them to find the missing documents..... OR find out which documents are missing & have them replaced.

I think you are referring to CTs George?  VOR and VOT and the like still take time to complete and for the boards to sit.  I remember teaching in Wainwright and one of the candidates decided to VOR from the infantry.  He still had to go to the BPSO and wait for boards to sit.  IIRC he sat in PAT Pl for a few months.

Clarkey (as Geo typed while I was typing) if I was you I would ask my CoC to just redo the paperwork and submit it for consideration.  Depending on what is missing most of it won't be that hard to do.  Just a longer day at the office.

"Vehicle Off Road"?
I always thought that VOR was for "Vehicle on repair"...

Just googled VOR,.....

It's "Voice of the retarded"

MJP,

Yeah resubmitting the forms has come up as an option with my CoC, however, now that I have completed my 3's it would no longer be a VOR but a VOT. Another thing is that my new CoC may not approve. So what ideally needs to happen is the orignal docs need to be found and compiled in order to action the original VOR.

Is there a certain process to track these docs officially? Or does it just resort to phoning people and asking "Do you remember seeing this...".

Thanks,
Clarkey

They have the file, so they received it.
So it is not a question of tracking a missing Puroletter or something.

Finding the missing document(s) - it all depends on what is missing and who was supposed to handle it.  Someone may fess up to having it - or no one will admit to it & the document may never be seen again.

You submitted the documents & your CoC approved them at the time.
The fact that your present CoC may not be 100% for it - should not make a difference - ask to see your boss & find out what can be done to get 'er done.

Yes, the process for tracking would be done by checking the 728 (Document Tracking and Receipt) which should list each item that was mailed.  The receiving unit is supposed to sign and return a copy to the sending Unit.

Now, if you find the 728, all it will tell you is that yes, your BOR sent all of the appropriate documents.  If DMCA (or whoever you sent them to) signed for receipt and sent back the copy, then you would know that the documents were in fact received.  It won't change the fact that they have been misplaced or whatnot nor will it help anyone find them, but it will enable you to know where the process went off the rails.  If anything, it will let you know who signed for them upon receipt, which would mean that person could be queried about it, but it won't "find" your documents for you, unfortunately.

My advice is that you read CFAO 11-12 completely.

Now that you are 3's qualified, you must meet the requirements for a VOT.  Quick and dirty is 48 months service (or 36 months if you are a Combat Arms MOC), QL4 qualified (if your MOC has a QL4), etc.  Its all located in CFAO 11-12 OCCUPATION TRANSFER OF NON-COMMISSIONED MEMBERS - REGULAR FORCE. (DWAN link only)

* CFAOs on the Internet are temporarily not available.  Reason located here, in the grayed area.

If you don't have access to the DWAN, ask your CoC for a copy of the CFAO.

In the end, you know & they know that they received the file.
They know that some documents are now missing.

I would suggest that you get the missing forms replaced AND, use your CoC's orriginal blessing for the VOR to go thru.  The simple fact that you have done your 3s in the meantime should make no difference - your paperwork was done in time - they are the ones who erred... let them worry about fixing the problem

Hey Folks,

Thanks a bunch for the replies. Just got confirmation that my original BPSO has a shadow file! Not sure why this wasn't brought up a month ago when this mess all started but anyways they have sent the shadow file to DMCA, so now it is a waiting game. Thanks again for your help, will post again when more info arises.

Cheers,
Clarkey

Good luck!  Hopefully the fact that you are now QL3 qual'd doesn't effect the outcome...

it should not... and if they hold it against him, he should have plenty of grounds for a grievance.  The loss of documents, once tentered, are NOT his problem.

geo said:
"Vehicle Off Road"?
I always thought that VOR was for "Vehicle on repair"...

Just googled VOR,.....

It's "Voice of the retarded"

Either way you slice it, it's still the mechanics trade!!! (sorry, but I had too...)

Hey All,

Update

Just got my msg, my Occupational Reassignment has been accepted. Thank you to all for your replies.

Admin: You can lock.

Clarkey

Back