• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Waiting for a BMQ date.

Josh1r

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey I was just handed in the last of my papers on Friday the 13Th of July, I am now officially waiting for the phone call as to when I will be leaving for BMQ. I am applying for Infantry with the RCR, I was just wondering how long it took for some of you to get your offers once all the paperwork was completed, Including CFAT, Interview and Medical. I would prefer to hear from Infantry applicants mainly because I understand that applying to be a doctor or whatever else may take much longer.

I searched the forums before posting but didn't find any direct subjects on this topic, it could be that I did not search with the proper criteria but if I could just get a couple of simple responces it would be greatly appreciated.

Also I know that the time varies but I am just looking to get a feel for waiting periods.

It is an application for NCM. Thanks in advance.  :salute:

-Sincerely Joshua.

Some have taken quite some time, so you should have the luxury, it things haven't changed, to read up on some of their stories. 

Thank you Mr.Wallace, I appreciate the responce, Just one question, can you point me in the right direction for search topics on this matter, because I have had some trouble finding any topics directly referring to this.

Read through personal stories and the recruiting forum... many people post their experiences.  As well, Applications Samples thread should give you a solid idea of when people applied, completed things, and received offers.

They have a topic on application process samples! I think you should check it out, it helped me with the same question.

Honestly though, everyone is different. I had people applying to the same trade as me, before I applied and not go to basic until after me and vice versa! Usually they say if you havent gotten a call within two weeks, call them back!

KrissyJ said:
They have a topic on application process samples! I think you should check it out, it helped me with the same question.

Honestly though, everyone is different. I had people applying to the same trade as me, before I applied and not go to basic until after me and vice versa! Usually they say if you haven't gotten a call within two weeks, call them back!

Thank you Krissy, I stumbled across that post shortly after creating this one and officially felt relieved. I calculated, from other peoples applications (mainly looking at Infantry applicants) and generally speaking the average person since the starting of 2006 until now spends roughly 5-7 months in the application process, of course we've all read miracle posts of the guy who applies on may 12Th and is signed and leaving by June 27Th lol, or vice versa where someone applies in may 2006 and does not leave until February of 2007.. LOL anyways. The point being I got my fingers crossed and I will call them on Friday this week seeing as that will be two weeks..

PS. Was out at the bar last night, and saw an old friend, turns out he's already finished his application process, he's going in as Infantry, Regular, RCR (the same as me) he asked to be put on January BMQ so he would have time to get in good shape, It's a small world..

Anyways, thanks for taking the type Krissy, Good luck with your career and BE SAFE. :salute:

I applied for Combat Engineer in December 2006, completed my CFAT, Interview, and Medical in January 2007 and got the job offer 7 months later in July and I start BMQ September 4th. So while some people do get through relatively fast, for others it takes a while. But I think my case might be an extraordinary one because I was told that the medical office at CFRC Toronto forgot to send my medical to the CMO.

Ouch Gimpy, you didn't call the recruitment center every 2-3 weeks? because thats a LONG time to wait.

Josh1r said:
Ouch Gimpy, you didn't call the recruitment center every 2-3 weeks? because thats a LONG time to wait.

Yeah, I called every week but got the response that it was being reviewed each time I called. After 3 months of that I finally got someone who directed me to the medical office and was told that they still had my medical at the recruiting center and that they forgot to send it out. Then after another 3 months I finally got the offer, so all in all I didn't mind the waiting because I wasn't planning on changing my mind, but I certainly would have liked to have gotten in earlier.

Well I would really like to be leaving by September, that would make me very happy. Well see how things go..  :blotto:

i would love to leave by september, i just had my interview on friday for reg force, and i have done my medical, res force interview and test on jan 11, so i signed a CT and then when i did my interview, the lieutenant told me that there was alot of openings for infantry soldiers, and that i would likely get a call pretty quickly, im hoping so.

yeah, well im hoping that there is alot of spots open
because then im sure we will be called soon

When I went to the recruitment center a couple of months ago, the Recruiter told me that they needed 250 Infantry for Mtl alone.. Anyhow, only time will tell, I just want to get my ass in and start really living life.  ;)

im just really eager to start living life the army way
well hopefully soon though :D

I personally know a few of the recruiters here in Edmonton, and from what I have learned is that if your trade choice is in demand (as noted on the forces.ca website) then it should take a little under a month to receive the call after your medical is completed.

Cheers and best of luck.

I dont know about that im trying to get in as armoured soldier and i completed everything on the 19th of june and i still havent got a call. It really depends on if u had bad credit small things like that can hold u back just lke me. but i should get a call ither this week or next week at least thats what the recruiting office told me, i hope theyre not blowing smoke up my ***.

Yeah I realize that. If you have a criminal record or something went wrong with the medical, that may slow the process down. Everything was clean for me and it took about 25 days for me to get the call after my medical was complete. Also going for armoured soldier.

Back