• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

waiting for BMQ (reserves)

well i had already finished all of those components.. are you being called in to do them again?

B0nes, I have no idea. I mean I did my initial interview, physical, CFAT, and medical at CFRC Toronto.

Anyone know what phone number i should call at the CFRC to find out how my application is coming along. Ive already done all the testing, just waiting on a medical form.

go to the canadian forces site, there should be a location listing with address's and phone numbers

I started mine, its been okay. Going to my unit is better, you don't get yelled at but all well.

Keep your eyes and ears open and pay attention in class. Bring a pen and paper! And a felt pen! Very important.

Drill isn't fun, expect to get yelled at lots.

Fun times.

And remember, don't quit! Its only a weekend every week or two. In a few months it will be over and it will be much better with your unit and other courses you take. They yell because they are suppose to yell not because you are a complete fuck up (well in most cases, haha). Don't talk back and treat everyone with respect. Try your hardest in making your bed, inspection, PT, listening in class etc.

Kevin_M said:
They yell because they are suppose to yell not because you are a complete fuck up (well in most cases, haha).

In my time as an instructor, i have never yelled because "i was supposed to". If i did yell ( i rarely needed to) its because the person on the receiving end was indeed a total fuckup.

Haha, well maybe you are correct.

From what I saw you get yelled at for making a mistake in drill or when in inspection and you get yelled at you try to make a legitimate explanation you get yelled at more.

Either way, take the yelling and get through it.

Kevin_M said:
you try to make a legitimate explanation you get yelled at more.

Thats because you either did it right, or you did it wrong. No explanation needed.

CDN Aviator said:
Thats because you either did it right, or you did it wrong. No explanation needed.

Nope I didn't, if I make a mistake I say no excuse, I'm not going to try and get out of it.

I've been waiting for an offer from Toronto 709 Comm. Reg. for a little while now.  Recruiting on Sheppard/Yonge St. tells me that I should be sworn-in real soon. As I hold my breath, I was wondering if I could get a few qs answered such as what happens after that. I will be going in as an officer. Do i do BMQ first? If so when/where are my options ... If there is no BMQ , what can i do as i wait ?

Thanks for that (beforehand).

I'm finally swearing in Tuesday September the 30th at moss park. I'm going Ncm infantry for the 48th highlanders. For jpljpl, it all depends were your unit is based, to my understanding i would be starting bmq on October 17th, but that's just moss park.

AWOL, right on man good luck. I was hoping to get sworn in by then, I'm going with Queen's Own Rifles of Canada. Now I'm hoping I can get sworn in before October 17th BMQ.

if BMQ or BMOQ is on the weekend at Moss Park- how does that work  ... do u sleep there ? Is there a shooting range or an obstacle course there ? And would it reflect badly on ones records if one did there BMQ/BMOQ that way than lets say 2 and half months in St. Jean ?

jpljpl said:
And would it reflect badly on ones records if one did there BMQ/BMOQ that way than lets say 2 and half months in St. Jean ?

It does not mater where you did your course, all that people will look at is how you did on the crse.

kwon said:
AWOL, right on man good luck. I was hoping to get sworn in by then, I'm going with Queen's Own Rifles of Canada. Now I'm hoping I can get sworn in before October 17th BMQ.

i think that bmq is full because i was also hoping to get in on that one but i am starting on nov 14 even though i am not with the  QOR im with r regt c

Absolutely correct grmpz1, My initial kitting is Nov 21-31, so it's bmq 03. But i am to go in this Friday for "orientation." I'm still trying to figure out what that means. Anyone else going in Friday?

I haven't been sworn in or recieved my kit yet, but I was told that I am "for sure" on the October 17th BMQ course.  I'm joining 31 CER in Waterloo though, and I think the course is out of London.  That course musn't have been very full.  I'm supposed to be getting my kit and being sworn in either this thursday or next tuesday.  And I havn't really heard of any orientation, hopefully I can get oriented when I get my kit :D

Finally getting sworn in tonight at Moss Park Armoury. I was told I was going to be on the October 17th BMQ as well.

Have fun to all of you doing the Oct. 17th. Our unit has moved our BMQ to Nov 21st. More waiting!..

Back