• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Waiting For The Phone Call For BMQ

My file with all my medical things have been sent to Ottawa 2 weeks ago and I called the CFRC yesterday and they told me that they haven't receive news from them yet. I've applied for Artillery Officer too. I'm waiting for the call !

Narcisse said:
My file with all my medical things have been sent to Ottawa 2 weeks ago and I called the CFRC yesterday and they told me that they haven't receive news from them yet. I've applied for Artillery Officer too. I'm waiting for the call !

I handed everything in mid August and got the call around the 7th of October for BMOQ on Jan 5.

That's not that long but I was hoping I could join the BOQ in November. As I'm reading you I think It's not going to be possible. Hoping is the key ! Still waiting.

Maybe we will both get in for January Narcisse, They told me that would be the most likely time, and if I haven't heard anything by Mid march to reapply for the new fiscal year. Also at the worst they said by summer I would be in.

I'd rather go to BOTP than take another semester of school, but either way benefits me so I can't complain.

I don't understand why you would have to reapply for the new fiscal year. Could you explain ?

The recruiter tells my father that I would probably be gone before winters holidays.

I don't go to school this year and I'm living in a so little place that every employer knows I'm going in the CF so they don't want to hire me ! Fortunately I'll have my driving license this friday so I'll have the chance to go get a job somewhere else !

At the start of the new fiscal year they have the new numbers needed to be filled from April 2009 to April 2010. I don't have that problem I am in Calgary, where abouts are you?

I'm in Quebec, but really far from big cities...

But even if you don't have news... You're going to do all the recruiting process again for the new fiscal year ?

I figured by your name you might be in Quebec, my interviewer just told me to reapply if no news by midmarch because at that point in time they are hiring for next year's quota. I think i just have to give another application but don't quote me there.

I'm in the mindset im getting selected anyways.

Yes I applied for Arty officer through CEOTP, I am working on the remainder of my degree, I figure since I want to get in ASAP it's my best option. I already have my college diploma and have just a few course remaing for my degree. I still have part 2 of medical next week.

whats your story?

Looks the same as your.

I applied for Arty Officer through CEOTP. I d'ont have my college diploma, only have my High school diploma. So I think I'm gonna have to wait until 21 years old to do university.

What means ASAP ?

And I didn't had part 2 of medical... I don't understand why you have that second part...?

ASAP=as soon as possible. Or tout de suite my french has gone downhill living in western canada I have used it once when I worked at Mcdonald's when I was 16 for a french couple ordering Big Mac's.

Part 2 of the medical from my understanding is done by a physican and is an actual physical examination to test your reflexes and joints and stuff like that. there is info on here if you look. Plus also in the applicant package.

Don't worry krew I was in the same boat as you. I was gripping my cell phone every day at work for the last 2 weeks hoping I would get a call. I got tired of waiting and gave them a call, they told me my medical file was being reviewed in Ottawa and that they generally tell applicants 3-6 weeks depending on how busy they are in Ottawa. So ya, this was a week ago i talked to them, I don't know how long my medical file has been there previous to speaking with my CFRC again. Moral of the story stop waiting by the phone, it will drive you insane! ahah... good luck.

I've done that on the same day:

-All papers things for previous diseases and allergies
-Urine test
-Reflexes test
-Hearing test
-Test view
-Etc...

And after that they didn't give me another appointment...

Narcisse said:
I've done that on the same day:

-All papers things for previous diseases and allergies
-Urine test
-Reflexes test
-Hearing test
-Test view
-Etc...

And after that they didn't give me another appointment...

Yeah, same here. I did all that back on September 2nd. I just went down to the recruitment centre yesterday, because people have started to receive calls for the Jan 5th class, and I wanted to see if it was possible for me to be in the same group.

They told me everything passed, medical, backgrounds etc. Now I'm just waiting for the call as well. I am merit listed for Infantry Officer through the CEOTP as well.

And P.S. the recruiter told me that same thing about having to re-apply for next april if I didn't get a call by Nov 11th.

Damn... novembre 11th is coming soon, hope you'll get a call as I hope too.

I'm merit listed for Arty Officer too. Well I think. They told I was competitive... Is that the merit list ?

Narcisse said:
Damn... novembre 11th is coming soon, hope you'll get a call as I hope too.

I'm merit listed for Arty Officer too. Well I think. They told I was competitive... Is that the merit list ?

For what its worth, they told me on the day of my interview, that I was "competitive", but when went into the recruitment centre yesterday, thats when I found out that I was "merit listed". I think that what they meant by it at my interview, but I'm not positive, and I don't want to speculate on your behalf.

Either way, I wish you good luck as well, and maybe we'll see eachother in January.

I'm gonna call the recruiting center tomorrow and give you news back after.

Back