• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Waiting Game

I wrote my Aptitude test on may 8th 2018, Now i had already received the email saying that my application is approved for further processing and has been sent to my local recruiting center here in edmonton. now my question is that is this a sign that i will be contacted soon or is it just a simple reminder that my app is back home and they just have to book my appointments

ndziy said:
I wrote my Aptitude test on may 8th 2018, Now i had already received the email saying that my application is approved for further processing and has been sent to my local recruiting center here in edmonton. now my question is that is this a sign that i will be contacted soon or is it just a simple reminder that my app is back home and they just have to book my appointments

They'll probably contact you to book appointments. Contact your recruitment center right away though, as doing so will likely speed up the process regardless.

Best to stop stressing about it. I entered the system in 2010, and JUST got an offer a few weeks ago. Finally a light at the end of the tunnel.

And all because of losing my application AND my medical (TWICE!), and then grandfathering my scores from CFAT when they changed the requirements up in ~2014 and not telling me till 2016 making me have to re-do it. I cant tell you how many times I've "updated" my medical and application.  :waiting:

The recruitment system is a joke, and everyone knows it. Some serious work needs to be put in. Tons of articles and write ups about how the system is failing and Canada is loosing promising recruits due to excessive wait times. I was planning on not renewing this year, then got a random phone call one day at work from an unlisted number, followed by an email.

Honestly, just forget about it. Work on yourself because you want to get healthy. Live your life. If they call, they call.

Good luck! :)

Applied to be a Pilot through the Seneca CEOTP program back in September. Went through CFASC and my Aircrew medical and all that, and finally had my third interview about a month ago. The interviewer said he was pushing my file forward, and that it would be with the MCC briefly before being entered into the Competition List.

If an offer is coming my way, how long might it take?

I've got a lease expiring at the end of August, and I know that the next start date for this program is September. I legally have to give 60 days' written notice of the termination of my lease, so I'd really like it if I didn't have to pay rent for a place I'm not living, and to be able to give my landlord adequate notice.

Does anyone know if it's likely that I'll be getting good news sometime in the next couple of weeks? Any later and I'm stuck paying rent for September even if I'm not there.

Nobody can tell you for sure. Files move at a snails pace.

From what I can see in the job offers threads, people are getting Sept BMOQ times now.

Your times may vary, and who even knows if there is a pilot selection anytime soon. I do believe that the forces might be able to help you out if you are in a lease agreement, as you wouldn't be the first. I could be wrong of course. Best bet is to go in person to your CFRC and ask about your lease and your concerns.

Wrote the MOST on the 8th of this month with two other gentlemen. It was remarked with some incredulity that it seldom happens that all members of a cohort writing this test passed, but that's exactly what happened.

I've been waiting for months (about 9 months) as well......Last email I received was 2 weeks ago.....and they were starting to do background checks, I pass the aptitude test and it took about 3 - 4 months to clear my medical checks.....While I was waiting from the CAF or anyone from the Victoria BC recruiting center....I applied to UPS as a driver (gotta have a job or do something else while waiting).

ups about how the system is failing and Canada is loosing promising recruits due to excessive wait times.

Im at ...5+ years .... and I think that's it for me.
Yeah. Definitely too much time. Delay.

commander-cb said:
Im at ...5+ years .... and I think that's it for me.
Yeah. Definitely too much time. Delay.

No you're not. You're at just over a year.

commander-cb said:
I am now 50. I started my application , i think it was about 7 years ago - cfat / medical / interview and some other things.

I decided to reopen the application. I am trying not to get excited about it, it has already been a roller coaster ride.

You let your application lapse the last time, that's not the CAF's fault. As far as I'm concerned your "wait time" counts from the day you reopened, which is around October 2017 depending on your delay in posting here.

The system sucks, it takes too long, but don't make it sound worse than it is because of your own personal decisions.

sbje1959 said:
Applied to be a Pilot through the Seneca CEOTP program back in September. Went through CFASC and my Aircrew medical and all that, and finally had my third interview about a month ago. The interviewer said he was pushing my file forward, and that it would be with the MCC briefly before being entered into the Competition List.

If an offer is coming my way, how long might it take?

I've got a lease expiring at the end of August, and I know that the next start date for this program is September. I legally have to give 60 days' written notice of the termination of my lease, so I'd really like it if I didn't have to pay rent for a place I'm not living, and to be able to give my landlord adequate notice.

Does anyone know if it's likely that I'll be getting good news sometime in the next couple of weeks? Any later and I'm stuck paying rent for September even if I'm not there.

If you are selected for enrollment and have to pay to break your lease then yes the CAF will reimburse you.  It's up to 2 months (3 months in exceptional circumstances) and is called Rent Lease Liability.

I think I'm deep into the waiting game for the moment - I was asked in July to select three possible dates to go to Trenton for the ASC course, later being informed that due to operational requirements, I needed to select three different dates. While I have been nominated to the courses for the three dates I selected, I have yet to hear anything further. This does not surprise me, but I am certainly getting curious.

Would anyone have a rough estimate on how long it takes to be given a job offer in infantry I was added to the list about a week ago just wondering how long it would be for the offer/swear in/bmq

Tylar said:
Would anyone have a rough estimate on how long it takes to be given a job offer in infantry I was added to the list about a week ago just wondering how long it would be for the offer/swear in/bmq

Application Process Samples
https://army.ca/forums/threads/13064.0
258 pages.

Application - How long does it take? (Merged)
https://army.ca/forums/threads/1256.475.html
20 pages.

Xylric said:
I think I'm deep into the waiting game for the moment - I was asked in July to select three possible dates to go to Trenton for the ASC course, later being informed that due to operational requirements, I needed to select three different dates. While I have been nominated to the courses for the three dates I selected, I have yet to hear anything further. This does not surprise me, but I am certainly getting curious.

Kind of an interesting twist - I've been asked to come in for my interview on October 3rd, despite not yet having done ASC. A happy surprise, I think.

Since I have my interview in a little over 14 hours, a last minute thought comes to mind - I have not gone in for the medical evaluation yet, due to the need for me to complete the extra testing for pilot positions. Nor have I completed the extra testing. Is it inaccurate to presume that there is nothing abnormal occurring?

Things can happen out of a "normal" sequence quite often (more than people realize).  Nothing abnormal happening :)

Buck_HRA said:
Things can happen out of a "normal" sequence quite often (more than people realize).  Nothing abnormal happening :)

Quite. Regardless of what happens now, I'm very pleased with how today went.

I go back for Medical on the 24th, so yeah, good news.  ;D

Will probably also be grabbing lunch with a childhood friend I've not seen in over a decade, now serving as an Artillery Major.

I think my Medical appointment went far better than I expected, as I was in and out within a half hour.

Now all I have to do is get my GP take care of the paperwork and order the necessary tests.

Back