• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Waiting to be sworn in!

bullitt

Inactive
Reaction score
Well I have finally checked everything but swearing in, off my "to do" list before BMOQ this summer. I started my application process August 23 and after reading several posts about long wait times etc, I believe I'm blessed to have it mostly all done in four months! I have enrolled as a reservist in the Navy, and chosen M.A.R.S as my MOC! I am very excited to be the first in my family to serve in the Canadian Forces, as well the first of any friends to experience anything like this. My testing was pretty much exactly what people on this forum have stated in previous posts:
aptitude test- not that hard, some parts challenging, some not, its going to be different for everyone.
Medical- hearing test and some routine exams you either pass it or you don't.
Interviews- I had to do two, but very straight forward and not a bad way to gain valuable information from a serving member of the CF.
Fitness test- This was different then what I was expecting because I did a step test instead of the shuttle run, but very passable if your in somewhat shape!

Now I just wait until I get the call to swear in, I do know that I will be at N.O.T.C in Esquimalt B.C for my BMOQ starting around the end of April and going till sometime in August. But other then that I am just working out everyday and pushing the only thing I really can control at this point- My physical fitness! I will keep you posted and thanks for taking time to read!

Good luck bullitt.  I am presently waiting for RMO's blessing. Getting back in after 20 years, PRes. this time around.

Wow 20 years, congrats! What element and trade are you going into?

If all goes well, land element, as vehicle tech. I am an auto mechanic on civi street.

Absolutly will Seraph, thanks for the well wishes!

Congrats man! As stoked as you are now, the first time you get into your uniform, the feeling gets just that much stronger. You also realize immediately how much you have to (get to) learn. It's great.

Do you live on the coast already? Or will you be relocating for your BMOQ?

Thanks VIChris, nope live in Calgary, and will continue that until I'm done my degree!

After a spring/ summer out here, you won't want to go back to the prairies. Good luck in your studies.

Back