• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

waiting

Sir Robert Peel

Inactive
Reaction score
Finally got all my info from my doctor. my medical information is now in Ottawa waiting for the go ahead. Hopefully it wont take too long.

I applied for the reserves last year, I belive I went to see the CFRC docter sep 30th and got a call back in january, good luck.

I have now submitted all my information on Oct.21 2015 to the recruiting center and they sent it off to Ottawa for approval. It is now Nov. 23 2015 and I have not received any information either through email or snail mail. Does any one know how long this process will take just to find out if I am qualified to move to the next step? 

The best advice of gotten from a CF Vet:

Remember: Annoy the hell out of your Local recruiting center.

If they can't forget your name, they'll be more concerned about getting you out of their own hair, which will have you moved through faster than the guy who pops his application down and doesn't communicate without a full team trying to track him down.

---

Basically, keep up communication and you'll get all the information you'll need. The CF isn't a business like a university, and with our overstock we don't have a huge need for mediocre applicants. Make people know you want it! Make sure you show a passion and make sure you know your stuff, and you'll get sent through happily by your recruiters.

In summary: Keep on their asses, keep it up.

Dija said:

If they can't forget your name, they'll be more concerned about getting you out of their own hair, which will have you moved through faster than the guy who pops his application down and doesn't communicate without a full team trying to track him down.

---

Basically, keep up communication and you'll get all the information you'll need. The CF isn't a business like a university, and with our overstock we don't have a huge need for mediocre applicants. Make people know you want it! Make sure you show a passion and make sure you know your stuff, and you'll get sent through happily by your recruiters.

So who exactly should a guy be bugging for info? The guy who I submitted my application to? Someone in Ottawa? The guy who conducted my interview? I've been trying get some info on my status but I'm coming up short, lemme know! thanks!

dece74 said:
So who exactly should a guy be bugging for info? The guy who I submitted my application to? Someone in Ottawa? The guy who conducted my interview? I've been trying get some info on my status but I'm coming up short, lemme know! thanks!

I always speak with the initial contact I had who I discussed my trade options with and how the process works. He's the same one who emailed me about my CFAT results and things like that.
I haven't expedited my process (or even got to the medical/interview part after waiting 7 months) so I'm probably not the best person to take advice from, but that's who I consider my "contact", he updates me on my status and will review my file for me.

I would talk to everybody. I emailed my recruiter, the Mcpl who o did my file submission with, the captain who did my interview, the PO who did my medical, etc. Just keep messaging people to check on how things are moving. Obv the medical personelle aren't going to know about your CFAT,  who won't know about your interview, but my guess is someone is emailing you to book all those things, so just keep talking to them.

Someone else agree with him?

Dija said:

---

From all the digging on these forums and even some replies from recruiters.

Every 2 weeks is a good pace to check in.  Just enough to let them know you are tracking things without living up there rears.

This will allow them to catch any admin issues. (files do get lost in the machine a lot). 

I am not sure once your process is past the interview that you can influence much. Your "score" is all but done at that point.

POC would be the people you have had contact with like the person who sent the e-mail about your CFAT results. The Clerk who is booking your appointments would be a good second choice.

Nothing wrong if you live close to doing a drop in visit as well.  Just know they might not have a lot for you but at least you can talk face to face and know they checked on your file.

One think that is a very common thread is that each applicant has their own set of circumstances.  No one can say for sure how long it will take.. you could hit the marks bang on and be done in 3 months or less or you could have a complex medical or security situation and be waiting over a year.

In the end it is well worth it.  A career like none other.

Cheers.

Before I got my offer recently, I would constantly follow up with the Sergeant who was assisting me at the CFRC almost every two weeks. I found myself apologizing in an email once because of the frequent follow up as I felt like I was bugging the hell out of the Sergeant. You know what he said? He replied "No reason to apologize; it's what I expect of someone that is after a career so no worries". I was blown away by his reply and how helpful he was. (I worked in hotels for a while so I love being helpful.) Anyway, my point is don't be afraid to follow up frequently but reasonably, it shows that you care!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a similar situation prior to recieving my offer and was actually told not to worry about it as you have shown initiative getting every back as soon as possible and always calling and staying on top of your file. I was told that showing initiative would be noted in my file and actually increase my files score.

Titicboom said:
I am not sure once your process is past the interview that you can influence much. Your "score" is all done at that point.

I'm no recruiter but to my knowledge you can at any time during your application process increase the score and make yourself a stronger applicant. If you change anything while going through the process I was told to let them know for example...

You never volunteered for anything in your life, and since applying you spent 6 months as a volenteer with the fire department.

This is something I believe they want to know and will increase the strength of your file.

Again I'm not a recruiter or military at all untill after the 24th. But this is what I was told.

Back